40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=574

SUMMARY: I bet that quietened the conversations in a few households when it was first shown. The song takes me back to going to the cinema on my own to see my first James Bond film, it was quite exciting to get in as I was underage at the time.

CHAMPAGNE: The outfits. I'm still trying to work out how much was actually see through. I'm going for most of it!

SPOTTED:
The outfits must have distracted DLT as he made a rare error in the intro.
Only a minor one but it looks like Lulu was a little off balance after her first spin.

NEW NO.1
Brotherhood of Man - Angelo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG38Si756tg

I quite liked it back then, but it's not one I go out of my way to listen to now and it's not one that gets on the 70's radio stations playlist. Who could forget that complicated guitar 'dancing'.

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
Only a minor one but it looks like Lulu was a little off balance after her first spin.
@Doc

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

Doc
Ah, sorry Lulu!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

SUMMARY: Tricky spins on variable levels in divine outfits

CHAMPAGNE:  The lyrics and the soloist; A Platoon Anthem

SPOTTED:  Nobody doing it any worse

NEW NO.1:  Sub-Abba flattery

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

SUMMARY: Legs & Co would have made a great addition to any Bond movie.

CHAMPAGNE: No real stand-out Champers moments, but plenty worthy of a shaken Vodka Martini.

SPOTTED: Apart from the many tripping hazards due to the steps and flowing dresses i did wonder what the random metallic object was that was positioned next to the stage.

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: Dark elegance overcomes the steps of peril.

CHAMPAGNE: Two Nebuchadnezzars is all I'm saying.

SPOTTED: Masques all wielded right-handed.

NEW NO.1: Post-guilty pleasure. 8/10

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: The title of the song really does say it all.

CHAMPAGNE: 1:38 and the 10 seconds that follow it.

SPOTTED: RbM scepticism towards any Lulu spin counterpoising.

New No.1: A poor Abba rip-off.

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: RbM scepticism towards any Lulu spin counterpoising.
There was so little to spot and there looked like a little wobble at the end. But then what do I know about dancing?
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

SUMMARY: Nobody could do it better than these six gorgeous ladies.

CHAMPAGNE: Patti throughout the routine.

SPOTTED: Nothing today. Excellent performance!

New No.1: Terrible.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Not my favourite Bond number but this is a good dance, though it would have added to the tease if they had used the masks more.

CHAMPAGNE: Patti's fine spin, I think she might be a Bond fan.

SPOTTED: At 1.26 Sue is faced with negotiating the deepest part of the stage but she elegantly incorporates the sizeable step-up into the dance.

NEW No. 1: Yee gods! Even for The BOM this is dreadful sub-Abba pap.

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

Doc
Another spotted, no one noticed that I missed out the song title from the header in the first post! (I've corrected it now).
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

SUMMARY: A fantastic performance to a classic Bond theme.

CHAMPAGNE: Without a doubt, it has to be those outfits.

SPOTTED: Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned.

New No. 1: Angelo, Figaro, and most of the others, they all sound pretty much the same to me!

Re: 40th 18/08/77: Nobody Does It Better

Dancer
SUMMARY: Lovely dance routine to a lovely song.  Carly Simon certainly knew how to sing.

CHAMPAGNE: Outfits were beautiful.

SPOTTED: Nothing really.

NEW NO.1: Terrible No.1.  A complete rip off of Abba's Dancing Queen and elements of Fernando thrown in.  They never really forgave Abba for getting to No.1 with Fernando as they were told they were at No.1 for an extra week with Save your Kisses for Me according to one of the male singers so presume this was a get back at ya song.  Amazed that Benny and Bjorn did not instigate infringement here.