40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uhxgUklxH0

SUMMARY: A fairly straightforward dance, I wonder if this was a late replacement for something else. Not bad all the same.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie'e turn to the camera at the start.

SPOTTED:
I initially thought Gill was looking the wrong way near the start, but watching it a few times I think Flick meant it that way as both her and Lulu often don't copy those on the outside. Rosie and Sue seem to be of sync though, that is if they were meant to be in the first place. It looks a bit like Sue would sometimes move to suit the camera near her.

Review:
Ryan
ER
TRBM
P4PM
OGW
GILURO
(close)

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

SUMMARY: Reggae like it used to be, well no, not quite !

CHAMPAGNE: Towards the end we get a nice champagne rear shot of Patti shaking that thing.

SPOTTED:  Wonder why Sue & Pauline choose to hold their Hankies left handed all the way though the routine and the other four right handed. The one thing we do know is that only Lulu is naturally left handed.

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Great record, and I like the way the choreography is not strictly adhered to, allowing for some nice improvisation. Despite the brow wiping, this is a cooool dance.

CHAMPAGNE: It's bubbly throughout, but the bit when Sue is dancing in the foreground with Pauline at a right-angle to her on the stage behind is very memorable.

SPOTTED: Rosie appears to be the only one who is not wearing some sort of neck adornment.

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

SPOTTED:  Wonder why Sue & Pauline choose to hold their Hankies left handed all the way though the routine and the other four right handed. The one thing we do know is that only Lulu is naturally left handed.
I'd spotted that as well. I can only think the idea was the hankies would always be in the hand of the girls who are on the outside that's closest to where the camera is (if that makes sense).

...Now goes off to see if I can spot something else....

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Top Rank dance sequence to a Top Rankin song

CHAMPAGNE: Subterranean camera angle on Lulu, while she’s doin’ her ting

SPOTTED: Lulu must have nicked everybody’s hairspray to keep that evolving hair style in tact

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

SUMMARY: One of the best Reggae outings ever

CHAMPAGNE: I too really like the switching from individuality to synchrony

SPOTTED: Nothing sorry

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: This is one that I hardly ever watch and I would say that it is more middle ranking than top ranking.

RUM: Right at the beginning when Rosie turns around and gives us a nice smile.

SPOTTED: Judging by the long solo that Lulu gets, this must have been the day that TRBM spent on work experience as a BBC cameraman.

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

The Rubberband Man
Old Grey Whistler wrote
SPOTTED: Judging by the long solo that Lulu gets, this must have been the day that TRBM spent on work experience as a BBC cameraman.
It's not me. I think we're just like minded individuals....

 😍 😍 😍 😍

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

SUMMARY: A simple but enjoyable routine for to these one hit wonders.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie at the beginning and Lulu's solo.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

Re: 40th 19/01/77: Uptown Top Ranking

PattiforPM wrote
SPOTTED: Nothing sorry