40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b-f0h6orzE

COMMENT: I'd like it more if it had been shown on BBC4.

CHAMPAGNE: It's sparkly but lacks the sharpness.

OTHER LIKES:.

SPOTTED:
It's near impossible to get a good screencap.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

COMMENT: A routine i was way to harsh on in giving it only 7.5 in my Legs comments.  Its far better than that. The dancing is quite excellent. Maybe i was under the influence of it being Yewtree'd.

CHAMPAGNE: Not champagne by any stretch of the imagination, but all the high kicking is most impressive.

SPOTTED:  Have a listen to DLT's outro on the link below, its longer than the YT one. I have no idea how he reckons Gill (who's birthday it was yesterday) is now only 17. That would have made her 14 years old on debut ! She was of course 20 on 18/04/1979.
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2m00j8

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

Doc
He was being sarcastic.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

Doc wrote
He was being sarcastic.
Why didn't he just say happy 20th birthday Gill ? Saying she was 17 was neither here nor there.

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

Doc
No idea, maybe it was the result of an off screen conversation.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

The Rubberband Man
DLT then goes on to say Gill's 43  😯
Quite a confusing situation, to say the least 😌

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

Yes confusing and unnecessary. Im not averse to a touch of sarcasm when done well, but his outro made no sense either way and could be argued showed a touch of disrespect towards the birthday girl.

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

COMMENT: Difficult to fully appreciate this one, the grainy clip and dark studio doesn't do it any favours.

CHAMPAGNE: I love high kicks, and this one has plenty!

OTHER LIKES: Those short outfits allow us to see a load of those lovely legs.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

Re: 40th 19/04/79: Shake Your Body

COMMENT:  Let's Dance Let's Shout

CHAMPAGNE:  Choreography and dancing 10/10, Patti on fire, great Jackson song.  Not BBC4 quality but does that really matter compared to all this?

OTHER LIKES:. Sue and Rosie's swim move.  All the solos, doublets and triplets

SPOTTED:   Patti goes down to the ground once more at 2:30