Quantcast

40th 19/05/77: Disco Inferno

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qGGl7DtDXo

New No.1
Rod Stewart - The First Cut Is The Deepest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSEWY0xdpM0

NEW No.1: I like it and I'm now glad it kept that other record off the top, although I wanted the opposite back then.

SUMMARY:
 A decent dance routine ruined by awful lighting effects.

CHAMPAGNE: More like asprin!

SPOTTED:
Lulu's breast plate record falls off

Re: 40th 19/05/77: Disco Inferno

The Rubberband Man
NEW No.1: The only honorable thing about Rod is his love for Celtic.

SUMMARY: With the poor lighting, excessive overlays and epilepsy inducing flashing, this routine is really Disco Infernal.

CHAMPAGNE: In this disco, it’s Malibu with 7Up

SPOTTED: The audience has come from Madame Tussauds again

Re: 40th 19/05/77: Disco Inferno

Doc wrote
SPOTTED:
Lulu's breast plate record falls off
I'm volunteering to help her put it back on again     (  )

Re: 40th 19/05/77: Disco Inferno

CoffeeThing

Champagne: Gill's lovely smile between the searing flashes.

Spotted: My eyesight since watching it!

No 1: Rod is a big favourite of mine, particularly of this era, and Frist Cut is a particular like.

Re: 40th 19/05/77: Disco Inferno

NEW No.1: Bit boring for me. Id like to have seen the real number one of the day, but the establishment thought otherwise.

SUMMARY: Orange Lights Spells Danger for those who like their Legs & Co unhindered.

CHAMPAGNE: To any potential trophy hunter who went home with Lulu's jettisoned breast plate tucked under his shirt.

SPOTTED: This bloke early on in the piece doing the sort of cool dance moves we all can do.

Re: 40th 19/05/77: Disco Inferno

Everything'sRosie
NEW No.1: Double A side of rather dull ballads. Yawn.

SUMMARY: Looks a superb routine if we could only see it. Whoever came up with the idea of those ghastly over-layed lights is a moron.

CHAMPAGNE: A wiggling Gill with her back to us.

SPOTTED: Navy-suited audience member engaged in some rather animated chewing. Spit it out, man! Howls Robin Nash from behind his desk.

Re: 40th 19/05/77: Disco Inferno

NEW No.1:  A bit soppy but listenable

SUMMARY: Hot ladies and cold lights

CHAMPAGNE: Nope, Bubble tea