Quantcast

40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

20/01/77

Legs and Co danced to:
Elvis Presley - Suspicion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozgvtLd9uLE

SUMMARY: Rosie heaven!
CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's hat removal!
SPOTTED:
1. The hat throwing! I think we've all seen Gill's 'throw like a girl' attempt that goes all of about 2 foot. Instead watch Pauline, her's goes off like a discus!

2. Rosie's leg can be seen encroaching into shot, whilst waiting off camera.

3. Rosie chipping up the hat and volleying it to where it should have been in the first place.

4. A bit of fumbling by Gill at the end of the 'coat dance'.

5. Gill's wink to the camere, not sure if this was seen again after this. Patti looks shocked.

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: One line comment.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

PattiForPM
LOL, love the laser-hat-trajectory-tracing Doc

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

Doc
I really needed some speed makings for Pauline's effort.

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

Legsfan
SUMMARY: I have a suspicion this will get full marks from me!

CHAMPAGNE: When the coats come off!

SPOTTED: When Gill throws the hat she was spinning, so I think when she threw it, she accidentially threw it at the backdrop because she became a bit disorientated immediately after the spin.

Rosie can be seen just out of the shot where someone could have said to her "get that hat out of here" so they zoomed in and blurred the shot so no-one would notice that much and when Rosie dances after I think she should have been dancing on the opposite side of the stage because of this unplanned changed, unless the hat throw was planned to give Rosie a reason to move to the other side of the stage without getting noticed too much.

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

SUMMARY: Who would have `suspected` the singer would be dead some 209 days later !

CHAMPAGNE: i quite like the close quarter work of Gill, Patti, Sue.

SPOTTED: As per my post yesterday afternoon on the `Suspicion Legs & Co comments thread`, there was something very dodgy about Gill's pathetic attempt to throw her hat. The more i watch it, the more i wonder !

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

Watch the Gill hat throw on slow-mo the link below. She makes no attempt to chuck it of stage. It looks worse every time.
http://sendvid.com/twl7ilzq

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

It was suggested by somebody on here (who no longer posts) that the Gill wink was pre-planned and the intended receiver of the wink (obviously someone Gill knew well) knew it was coming. Thats all good and well, but i guess the lucky guy would have had to have been glued to the screen, as blink and he would have missed it. Of course its doubtful he would have had a second chance back then to watch it again.

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

It was suggested by somebody on here (who no longer posts) that the Gill wink was pre-planned and the intended receiver of the wink (obviously someone Gill knew well) knew it was coming. Thats all good and well, but i guess the lucky guy would have had to have been glued to the screen, as blink and he would have missed it. Of course its doubtful he would have had a second chance back then to watch it again.
I sent a letter back to 1977. It was for me!

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

VintageVideos
I'm struggling with the format on this thread but nevertheless I wanted to say that this for me is the essence of early Legs & Co., and it was basically this routine that sealed my love for them.
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

The annoying thing is, Lulu also gives a wink in another Legs routine, and for the life of me i cant remember which. Im sure P4PM may know this as i pointed it out to him once way back in the old days of the forum. Can anybody name that routine.

Sorry Doc for waffling on your thread.

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

SUMMARY: Sultry Sirens in Solo Tango mode

CHAMPAGNE: This bit:

SPOTTED: Nothing except that we might be over-analyzing the Gill motives.  I think it's just Negligent Hatricide

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

PattiForPM wrote
Nothing except that we might be over-analyzing the Gill motives.  I think it's just Negligent Hatricide
I disagree.

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

PattiForPM
You might be right Ryan and I have no real evidence but it looks more like a careless throw by Gill (who seems to try hard but catch an edge) followed by a clever Rosie clean-up move (casual and almost missed by the camera) from my angle

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

The annoying thing is, Lulu also gives a wink in another Legs routine, and for the life of me i cant remember which.
Casanova

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

The Rubberband Man wrote
Casanova
No the Lulu wink is much more subtle than that and unscripted. I fear i will have to trawl through the lot to find out which.

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

VintageVideos wrote
I'm struggling with the format on this thread but nevertheless I wanted to say that this for me is the essence of early Legs & Co., and it was basically this routine that sealed my love for them.
As the scored review has already been well done, really it doesn't leave a great deal to discuss. But as the other option is to say OK we've done it all let's shut up shop and go home. That's not something I want. I would like to go through re watching all the routines, not just the best ones, and the 40th anniversary seems a good time to do that. I could do this at home on my own, but I have chosen to try and get people to re watch them as well. Of course suggestions for improvements are welcome. I'd rather everyone contributed even if it is not following the format.

One idea I've thought of is to have occasional 'guest' presenters to see if they can add anything. Although I'm not sure if there are enough taking part at the moment.
Another could be to find a point of discussion as we have here, but I think we many have already done that on the review threads.

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

Once again Doc, sorry for deviating from your thread. But the Lulu wink in another routine is `Dance Dance, Dance`.

It can be spotted at 0.48 seconds in this Dailymotion clip. Watch her left eye (obviously the right eye on our screen).
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x24sf3j_legs-co-dance-dance-dance-yowsah-yowsah-yowsah-totp-tx-08-12-1977_creation

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

Legsfan
Gill's wink was so subtle that I wouldn't have noticed it in a million years. Maybe this will be my second champagne moment

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

No offence, Doc. I think it's just my limited capacity to express myself in English correctly, especially regarding the nuances of certain words, something which I have been pointed to twice recently.
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: 40th 20/01/77: Suspicion

Doc this 40th anniversary thread is okay. You do not need to change anything. I enjoy it.