40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnNZ4rL16vM

COMMENT: Possibly the silliest of the 'normal' outfits, reminds me of two doughnuts!

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu concentrating then playing to the camera.

OTHER LIKES:
Once you get over the silliness the outfits are quite appealing!
Pauline 'loving it' in her close up.
Peter winding up the rubber faced man at the end.

SPOTTED:
Other than the long shot at the start the camera man on the right concentrates on Rosie and Pauline's legs.
Rosie's top doughnut is somewhat more revealing than the others when she jumps.

Review: (C)
TRBM
RYAN
SF
P4PM
AC/PD
ER
GILURO

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

SUMMARY: It’s more memorable for the hairy marshmallow costumes than anything else

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu in concentration mode

OTHER LIKES: The positioning of the cameras work well here

SPOTTED: From behind, Lulu looks just as good, if not better, than Kylie Minogue

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

COMMENT: Legs & Co modelling the first of the ill-fated Flick Colby fashion range for the summer of 78.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu `pretending` to be concentrating.

OTHER LIKES:  I quite like the longer distance shot of the girls in this when we see the panoramic view of them (well until the fade-out camerawork ruins the shot).

SPOTTED: Surprising one this and one for the technical buffs out there. At 2.23 mins on Doc's clip, Gill, who ive often thought of as the least balletic the performs quite a good `Entrechat ballet jump'.

We can't really see Sue or Patti do theirs, but Gill's is far smother than Pauline's (whos is a bit ropey) and Rosie' & Lulu's whos isn't to bad.

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

COMMENT:  There is something of the topiary poodle about these costumes that distracts.

CHAMPAGNE:  Sue's smile.

SPOTTED:  From every perspective Sue looks smashing!

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

COMMENT: I can't improve on SF's comment in any way

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu in all her varied Glory

OTHER LIKES:
The chambermusic section
The Sue/Lulu corridor of power

SPOTTED: Nothing to add but Mr Powell needs to tone down the collar-starching

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

Doc
Technically you actually added something LOL.

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

Poodles, spot on!

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

AC/PD
COMMENT: Works even better if you can visualise the fluffy hoops not being there.

CHAMPAGNE: The entire clarinet/piccolo trumpet interlude - from balletic arms right through to Lulu's "I did it!" expression and shimmy for the camera.

OTHER LIKES:
Pauline's absolute joy (as usual)
Sue's overriding pleasantness.

SPOTTED:
The girls are one short with the final set of hand-clap triplets in the intro.

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: Your body, my body. Everybody move your body. Actually, I'm more than happy just to watch.

CHAMPAGNE: Has to be Lulu's camera-hogging through to the upper-body shimmer.

OTHER LIKES I think Gill performs an excellent entrechat, not that I know anything about ballet.

SPOTTED: Evidence of crowd ushering going on at 2mins to fill a space at the front of the stage.

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

AC/PD wrote
COMMENT: Works even better if you can visualise the fluffy hoops not being there.
Of course we're all gentlemen who would never countenance such an action.

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

PattiforPM
Doc wrote
AC/PD wrote
COMMENT: Works even better if you can visualise the fluffy hoops not being there.
Of course we're all gentlemen who would never countenance such an action.

 ...tries third psychoactive drug of the day trying to achieve optimal level of imaginary power....

Re: 40th 20/04/78: Let's All Chant

COMMENT: Silly costumes, but still a very enjoyable routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Has to be Lulu concentrating and Gill looking as though she's genuinely enjoying herself.

OTHER LIKES: Sue's smile, the close up of Rosie's legs, Lulu looking rather 'cheeky' from behind.

SPOTTED: Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned.