40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMEXhKlBK4w

COMMENT: Probably the closest to a Legs and Co fan's dream coming true!

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu looking so innocent and extremely sexy at the same time.

OTHER LIKES: Transparent nighties!

SPOTTED:
Quite possibly the most we got to see of Legs and Co in one routine in their 5 years on the show! (All 6 in this compared the 4 in Ai No Corrida or Bermuda Triangle).

Review: (C)
AC/PD
ER
RYAN
OGW
TRBM
SF
P4PM
GILURO

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

AC/PD
COMMENT: Too Much Heaven

CHAMPAGNE: A good quality chilled magnum for this routine -  sips galore on the two occasions when L&C accumulate in
                    the middle to pause, point and pose.

OTHER LIKES: Figures, smiles and togetherness.

SPOTTED: Lovely Lulu saying "Thank you"?
                (1:53) - Sue just about manages to get through the narrowest of gaps formed by Gill & Lulu.

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: A brilliant track lifted to new heights by this superb routine. So wonderful my heart sinks at the thought those days really are gone forever.

CHAMPAGNE: My favourite Gill performance. Around the 2.10 mark she is awesome.

OTHER LIKES: The way the girls smoothly circle to replace those in the foreground with those in the background.

SPOTTED: Unlike the other girls Lulu wears her rose rather cutely on the top of her head.

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

COMMENT:  Id wager if we did a favourite costumes poll these skimpy numbers this would stand a high chance of winning.

CHAMPAGNE: That nice close-up of Lulu's smiling face. Just lovely.

OTHER LIKES: The Rosie strut walk. Really quite Travoltaesque !

SPOTTED:  A quiet day for Sue in this routine, i hardly notice her. I suppose thats an un-spotted.

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

Old Grey Whistler
COMMENT: Any decent dance troupe should be able to perform to this song. Legs & Co were much better than decent and this is excellent.

CHAMPAGNE: I like all of it but haven't been able to isolate any particular moment.

OTHER LIKES: The costumes, some good close ups. Just wish the dry ice machine had been left at home.

SPOTTED: The fish eye lens and the rear mirror help to make the stage seem bigger than it was.

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Awesome

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu’s bits

OTHER LIKES: Everything really. What’s not to like? (except maybe the pointless use of the fish eye lens)

SPOTTED: There’s another dance troupe in the background doing the exact same thing

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

COMMENT:  No winceyette here!

CHAMPAGNE: Its premier cru from start to finish.

OTHER LIKES: I've always liked silver !

SPOTTED:  You expect peripheral vision at a time like this !

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

COMMENT:  For the most part a Visual Feast accompanied by an Auditory Treat

CHAMPAGNE:  A Methuselah and six lovely flutes for the wardrobe dept

OTHER LIKES:  The Troupe as close to divinity as ever; a very well-configured dance indeed

SPOTTED: Couldn't take my eyes off the action long enough to allow an assessment

Re: 40th: 20/04/78 Night Fever

COMMENT: This has to be one of my favourite Legs & Co performances, in fact it was due to seeing this routine on a re run of the 1978 Christmas Day show a few years back that i decided it was time to re visit all of their other routines.

CHAMPAGNE: Without a doubt, that lovely close up of Lulu smiling into the camera.

OTHER LIKES: The outfits, the catwalk stage, the choreography.

SPOTTED: This has a real 70's night down the disco feel to it, in fact there's even a handbag on the side of the dance floor, surely not belonging to one of our girls!