COMMENT: A routine that gets better as it goes along!
CHAMPAGNE: I think I'll pick Lulu having her sweat pants removed, it certainly gets the testosterone racing!
(I'll let you have the 'other' moment P4PM!
OTHER LIKES: Pauline's hat fumble LOL!(see 2 below).
Sue's unremovable clothing.
Rosie and that pink leotard.
SPOTTED: 1. At the start Sue's forehead appears to be glistening with sweat, was a spray bottle used beforehand or was it just really hot in those those outfits. When Pauline takes off her top there are small sweat marks that suggest it was the outfits that were hot.
2. When Pauline goes to take her hat off, she manages to knock it off instead. She then picks it up and throws it into the audience.
3. Sue does a good job of pretending that the sweat pants were stuck, just see how easily they come off when the camera moves away.
4. Rosie initially makes it look like Pauline is really heavy, but when the camera cuts she suddenly become as light as a feather.
5. Just after removing her sweat pants, Rosie can be seen adjusting her leotard to ensure there is not too much bottom on show.
6. I'm guessing the last repetitive segement was to allow the editor to cut it as required, but in this case he chose to leave it all in.
As said above I suspect that the ending was supposed to be cut to suit the show’s length but they didn’t bother in this case. There are many routines that are obviously cut short Ai No Corrida being one that we know was drastically slashed. Flick probably knew that the axe was poised to drop somewhere after about 2 minutes and planned the routines accordingly. Why put much effort in at the end when it had a good chance of ending up on the cutting room floor.
Looking earlier in 1978:
All Right Now has a repetitive ending of about 10 seconds but it's disguised by a change of camera.
Night Fever ends with the repeat of an earlier part of the dance and could easily have continued as the song was about 50 seconds longer.
CHAMPAGNE: Patti being balletic at 1:15.
(I'll let you have the 'other' moment P4PM!)
Oh OK I'm only human; that track suit bottom removal at 0:40 is utterly inspired. Have you ever been banned from a free online GIF-maker for excessive repetition?
Gill's distraction dance while the others get tidy
Pauline's visor adventures and Sue's comic trouser troubles as others have mentioned
SPOTTED: No sorry, I spend most of the Dance recovering from 0:40
Some Dancers who gave a good time, broke all the rules, played all the fools, yeah yeah yeah they blew our minds