40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysVC2gLlREQ

COMMENT: A routine that gets better as it goes along!

CHAMPAGNE: I think I'll pick Lulu having her sweat pants removed, it certainly gets the testosterone racing!
(I'll let you have the 'other' moment P4PM!

OTHER LIKES:
Pauline's hat fumble LOL!(see 2 below).
Sue's unremovable clothing.
Rosie and that pink leotard.

SPOTTED:
1. At the start Sue's forehead appears to be glistening with sweat, was a spray bottle used beforehand or was it just really hot in those those outfits. When Pauline takes off her top there are small sweat marks that suggest it was the outfits that were hot.
2. When Pauline goes to take her hat off, she manages to knock it off instead. She then picks it up and throws it into the audience.
3. Sue does a good job of pretending that the sweat pants were stuck, just see how easily they come off when the camera moves away.
4. Rosie initially makes it look like Pauline is really heavy, but when the camera cuts she suddenly become as light as a feather.
5. Just after removing her sweat pants, Rosie can be seen adjusting her leotard to ensure there is not too much bottom on show.
6. I'm guessing the last repetitive segement was to allow the editor to cut it as required, but in this case he chose to leave it all in.

Review: (Exp 4 Dec)
RYAN
TRBM
AC/PD
P4PM
ER
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

COMMENT: Not a bad routine, but the ending is pretty naff.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu puffing her cheeks out flanked by Rosie & Gill.

OTHER LIKES:   Our host seems to have covered most of them.

SPOTTED:  and again.

Re: 40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A dance routine that’s got one of the best starts – like, the girls are stripping off their clothes which is pretty cool – it has one of the worst endings

LIKES: I’m with Doc on the Lulu getting her sweat pants removed, which she seems to be quite happy about 😆

OTHER LIKES: Monogrammed towels

SPOTTED: All covered by Doc

Re: 40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

AC/PD
COMMENT: Exercise class evolution from proper warm-up, through gradual removal of layers to fully-fledged dance performance.

CHAMPAGNE: A good many for the viewer. The perpendicular, intersection reversal by two sets of three at 1:25 tastes good.
                       None for the troupe though as alcohol impacts tissue repair.

OTHER LIKES: Rosie, Lulu and Gill's "This is hard work" exhaling when performing the shoulder-joint warm-up.

THOUGHTS: Would like to have seen Patti's face when told by Flick about the manner by which her jogging bottoms would be coming off.
                     Happy not to see her face when actually performed though.

SPOTTED: The Herculean amount of welly Sue puts in to flinging her jogging top into the audience.

Re: 40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

As said above I suspect that the ending was supposed to be cut to suit the show’s length but they didn’t bother in this case. There are many routines that are obviously cut short Ai No Corrida being one that we know was drastically slashed. Flick probably knew that the axe was poised to drop somewhere after about 2 minutes and planned the routines accordingly. Why put much effort in at the end when it had a good chance of ending up on the cutting room floor.

Looking earlier in 1978:
All Right Now has a repetitive ending of about 10 seconds but it's disguised by a change of camera.
Night Fever ends with the repeat of an earlier part of the dance and could easily have continued as the song was about 50 seconds longer.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: All covered by Doc
AC/PD has proved that that was not correct.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

COMMENT: Hot Strip Yoga

CHAMPAGNE: Patti being balletic at 1:15.
(I'll let you have the 'other' moment P4PM!)
Oh OK I'm only human; that track suit bottom removal at 0:40 is utterly inspired.  Have you ever been banned from a free online GIF-maker for excessive repetition?

OTHER LIKES:
Gill's distraction dance while the others get tidy
Pauline's visor adventures and Sue's comic trouser troubles as others have mentioned

SPOTTED:  No sorry, I spend most of the Dance recovering from 0:40

Re: 40th 20/07/78: Come On Dance Dance

Everything'sRosie

COMMENT:  Fans get to see what a Legs rehearsal looks like. Yes, even Grandma's Party started off like this.

CHAMPAGNE: Has to be the disrobing for action.

OTHER LIKES:  The lunges when they're stood in a circle facing each other.

SPOTTED:  Marshall stacks in the background.
Queens of My Soul