40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fql3mfDniYs

COMMENT: Legs and Co do Celebrity Squares.

CHAMPAGNE: Probably the multicoloured dresses.

OTHER LIKES: Left wanting more at the end.

SPOTTED:
Lulu's safety bars don't look that safe, the rear one appears to have slipped during the routine.

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

Doc wrote
COMMENT: Legs and Co do Celebrity Squares.
Yep, i was going to say that as well.

ANOTHER COMMENT: Its very much a bit of a curates egg of a routine. Sexy dance movements, sexy dress's, excellent song, yet it finds itself deep down the 1979 Legs & Co ratings table languishing in 46th place for the year. I think the scaffolding idea, whilst well thought out just didn't come across to the viewer to well, with plenty of shots blocked out by the safety boarding making for rather frustrating viewing.

SPOTTED:  Strange how you can watch a routine so many times over the years and only when one really studies it things sort of stand out. I never really noticed the perspex sheeting before, let alone the stuck-on tape arranged to make a rectangle on it.

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

Doc
The safety requirements certainly got in the way, it looks rather like an over large fish tank. Today they could probably all do it on the ground and CGI the scaffolding in,
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

AC/PD
COMMENT: Entrapment once again manages to bring out Legs & Co's feral qualities. Extremely alluring and I suspect a touch of free-for-all gping with the flow moves here and there.

CHAMPAGNE: A bucket of cold water each leg, preferably dispensed by the Tiswas crew up there in ATV land.

OTHER LIKES: The colour schemes of those superb costumes.

DISLIKES: Gill's offset location - a bad move. Surely they could have dropped Patti's square to accommodate Gill above her in the structure. The set designers wouldn't lrack up too many points playing Tetris.
         Running short of time? OK, let's cut the Legs & Co. routine at any old point.

SPOTTED:  Sue's bicep-encircling band.

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

COMMENT:  Nice soundtrack and content but suboptimal lens

CHAMPAGNE:  Central platform Patti

OTHER LIKES: Costume dept

SPOTTED: That Patti hair over the face bit gets me every time.  Also my mind wanders into thinking about Gill trying to signal "HELP" with the right side smoke machine which might have been within reach!

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: Legs & Co get compartmentalised and demonstrate their multi-platform dance abilities

CHAMPAGNE:  I'll keep it on ice for another day

SPOTTED: The set is a bit jerry-built. Lulu’s handrail gets loose behind her as Doc’s pointed out. Gills handrail on her right hand side is a different colour to all the others
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

Suefan
COMMENT: Stalled elevators put to good use..

CHAMPAGNE:  At least two glasses for the two suffragettes.

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

AC/PD wrote
DISLIKES:
         Running short of time? OK, let's cut the Legs & Co. routine at any old point.
Yes, pretty awful work by the editor, something that gets more frequent in the 80's.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 20/09/79: Don't Bring Me Down

COMMENT: Legs & Co take their life in their hands performing on what looks like less than secure scaffolding, i'm sure these days health and safety would make them wear hard hats, high viz vests, and safety harnesses.

CHAMPAGNE: Some nice bright outfits.

OTHER LIKES: A few decent close up shots, especially like the one of smiling, finger pointing Rosie at around 1.40

SPOTTED: I wonder if this is the same scaffolding that was used in the Fantasy routine some 18 or so months earlier, if so i think the apprentices must have designed and constructed the one for the ELO routine.