40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02ghKMUQaCQ

SUMMARY: This is one that I would have liked to have seen on BBC 4, unfortunatly I've got more chance of winning the Euromillions than that occurring with one of those expunged from history appearing in the middle.

CHAMPAGNE: I'll raise a glass to Patti's high kicking plus Rosie's hat tip sets a few bubbles off.

SPOTTED:
Pauline being rather stereotyped with her outfit. What would today's PC brigade have to say! Needless to say she looks lovely in it. so I'm not complaining.
Spaceships that look like they were made on Blue Peter.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY:  Legs go all sci-fi on us as representatives of Planet Bennyhill.

CHAMPAGNE:  That bottom wiggling maid. What would Mr Hudson say!

SPOTTED: A surprisingly low-key routine for Sue. Not even a hint of a close-up.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

SUMMARY:  A good dance to augment the Star Wars Cantina scene

CHAMPAGNE: The high kicking hockey player by a country mile

SPOTTED:  Maybe seen before (can't recall, sorry) but possible piece of spaceship lying on the right side as we see it in latter half of the dance.  Seems to appear after Sue crouches nearby

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

Doc
PattiForPM wrote
SPOTTED:  Maybe seen before (can't recall, sorry) but possible piece of spaceship lying on the right side as we see it in latter half of the dance.  Seems to appear after Sue crouches nearby
Not enough sticky back plastic!

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

SUMMARY:  A dance to a Carpenters record ?  Is that possible ?   Legs & Co boldly go where no dance troupe has gone before, or at least since Pans People's dance sequence to "There's A Kind Of Hush"

CHAMPAGNE:  No champagne for me thanks. Instead I’ll have a cocktail served by that lovely waitress.

SPOTTED: I thought the bit on the floor was a piece of Pauline. Oddly, it appears after an edit, when there would have been an opportunity for someone to run on and sweep it away.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

SUMMARY: Entertaining enough, but the scenery space crafts do have a look of being constructed with used fairy liquid bottles and sticky back plastic.

CHAMPAGNE: High kicking Patti.

SPOTTED:  Sue tottering on her heels at 0.38 mins on Doc's link. Also watch for Lulu's eyes looking far right (left on our screen) just after the DLT thing.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

The silver piece of debris laying on the floor is almost certainly a piece of Pauline's hula skirt.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

The Rubberband Man wrote
 A dance to a Carpenters record ?  Is that possible ?   Legs & Co boldly go where no dance troupe has gone before.
Ahem, Pans People

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

The Rubberband Man
Everything'sRosie wrote
The Rubberband Man wrote
 A dance to a Carpenters record ?  Is that possible ?   Legs & Co boldly go where no dance troupe has gone before.
Ahem, Pans People
Oh yes. I forgot about "There's A Kind Of Hush".   It's one that they often kept quiet about.
In fact, looking at the Pans People list, The Carpenters are actually up there as being one of the most danced to artists. So not that unusual really.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

Doc
Next you'll say you've got Please Mr Postman on an old VHS tape that's going to break soon.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

SUMMARY: Not one of my favourite Legs & Co routines, or Carpenters tracks either, but all those different outfits are a nice touch.

CHAMPAGNE: Patti's high kicks, and Rosie's strut to the camera before pushing her stetson back.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

SPOTTED:  Sue tottering on her heels at 0.38 mins on Doc's link. Also watch for Lulu's eyes looking far right (left on our screen) just after the DLT thing.
It also looks as if Rosie is looking far right too, possibly waiting for direction after the DLT thing?

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

GiLuRo wrote
RYAN wrote
SPOTTED:  Sue tottering on her heels at 0.38 mins on Doc's link. Also watch for Lulu's eyes looking far right (left on our screen) just after the DLT thing.
It also looks as if Rosie is looking far right too, possibly waiting for direction after the DLT thing?
Yep GiLuRo, Rosie is also momentarily looking right. My guess is that its just another case of monitor watching rather than direction.

Re: 40th 20/10/77: Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Craft

SUMMARY: Ah Legs, such a fun routine.

CHAMPAGNE: DLT

SPOTTED: Gill re-enacts Miss Great Britain 1976 (if she had won)
Devoted to Pan's People & Legs & Co.