40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4zJpFiaSsc

SUMMARY: Six silver ladies stand out against a sullen crowd.

CHAMPAGNE: The flash and the subsequent dance away.

SPOTTED:
Only crowd related stuff.
1. The girl highlighted with the green arrow looks really annoyed that she got to the front of the queue just as all the seats went. She initially looks around irritated but reluctantly starts watching at the end.
2. The guy picked out with the yellow arrow gradually gets more irritated that he's been forced to sit on the edge of the bench and under the handrail and at the end he can be seen staring off to the left.

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Legsfan
SUMMARY: One of the best routines that I have ever seen!

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline in view at the beginning and those twists!

SPOTTED: Tony Blackburn is the only one who is getting into this song. Maybe it's because he is the BBC's King of Soul!

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Doc wrote
1. The girl highlighted with the green arrow looks really annoyed that she got to the front of the queue just as all the seats went. She initially looks around irritated but reluctantly starts watching at the end.
I bet she had been sitting where Tony is, but then someone had an idea of putting the presenter in the seating area, so she was told to move! That could be a reason why she looks so annoyed

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Doc wrote
SUMMARY: Six silver ladies stand out against a sullen crowd.
There's only five in this

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: The audience, when provided with a grandstand view, are stunned into paralysis by L&C’s impeccable dance routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu’s cuteness, which is turned up to 11 in this.

SPOTTED: No Patti today.

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

The Rubberband Man wrote
Doc wrote
SUMMARY: Six silver ladies stand out against a sullen crowd.
There's only five in this
Lol, at least someone's reading it. Five didn't work with the comment!

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

SUMMARY: Sparkling silver ladies.

CHAMPAGNE: The obvious. The bending in unison to reveal their spangly drawers. This was also quite a daring move i thought.

SPOTTED: Just something very minor, blink and you miss it. At 2.21 mins on Doc's link, Pauline for a split second goes into the wrong move. She starts to perform that `both hands across the chest` move again, but quickly realizes and corrects herself.

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

The Rubberband Man wrote
CHAMPAGNE: Lulu’s cuteness
I think Lulu and Rosie both look very young in this when they do their segment together, and of course they are very young. Another time i thought this was Dancing Queen, when they paired up together. Though that youthfulness isn't always that noticeable when some of the older girls are on camera with them.

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

SPOTTED: Just something very minor, blink and you miss it. At 2.21 mins on Doc's link, Pauline for a split second goes into the wrong move. She starts to perform that `both hands across the chest` move again, but quickly realizes and corrects herself.
A good recovery with no tell tale facial reaction, she must have good peripheral vision as she realised without looking to the right.

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

That `both hands across the chest` dance move was a bit weird anyway. It was almost as if they were afraid of their boobs popping out. So much for sticky tape !

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

SUMMARY: Shining Silver Showgirls

CHAMPAGNE: Two glasses; Fading Tony and Sharpening Pauline focus always good and Sue's sparkly solo

  SPOTTED: Love those pink Bobby Socks.  Sky at Night audience came into the wrong Studio by mistake

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Shiny cuties prancing and dancing. How could anyone not love this.

CHAMPAGNE: Hard to pick one, from Pauline's smile coming into focus right through to Rosie's comedy frown, it's perfect.

SPOTTED: A young Theresa May in lime green jacket (on a day trip to the Beeb from the Oxford Union) inadvertedly wonders into the wrong studio and to her utter bemusement gets caught up in all the madness. I'll put an end to all this when I'm PM she tells anyone who will listen.

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

The Rubberband Man
Everything'sRosie wrote
SPOTTED: A young Theresa May in lime green jacket (on a day trip to the Beeb from the Oxford Union) inadvertedly wonders into the wrong studio and to her utter bemusement gets caught up in all the madness.
Doc wrote
The girl highlighted with the green arrow looks really annoyed that she got to the front of the queue just as all the seats went.
Wouldn't be the first time as an MP, Theresa May has lost her seat.......

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Mikey
SUMMARY: Wonder-fully cute performance

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's solo

SPOTTED: Not enough seating for the latecomers

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

SUMMARY: Our five lovelies dancing to a classic tune.

CHAMPAGNE: When they all bend over in unison, great stuff!

SPOTTED: Rosie's dress top seems to be cut slightly lower than the others, or could that just be my imagination?

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Doc
Wishful thinking more like!

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

CoffeeThing

Champagne: Sue's solo. Damn, she is good. That leap and kick.

Spotted: Doc struggles to count if he only takes one sock off!

Re: 40th 21/04/77: Sir Duke

Dancer
SUMMARY: A fantastic routine to a difficult song choice.  Outfits were beautiful.

CHAMPAGNE:   All of it.  I was mesmorised when I first saw it and can watch it on repeat.

SPOTTED: Tony Blackburn enjoying the song but looking away frequently.  He never liked the dancers (from his autobiography anyway) and it clearly tells on his face here.