40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0gKEEspC0

SUMMARY: The start reminds me of a nightclub before the pubs had shut then after about a minute the place wakes up.

CHAMPAGNE: Triple Rosie! I also like the way the other 5 back in almost unnoticed after the solo.

SPOTTED: 18 girls!

Also on the show Gill got an extra work out backing on
Danny Williams - Dancin' Easy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGZqpysKRxs

In case you forgot where the song came from:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxVKR_Tto24
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L6CbIR0Pkw
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

SUMMARY: The first of four Legs & Co performances to this great song, yet none of the four are all that memorable.

CHAMPAGNE: Yes the Rosie segment is the obvious and only real stand-out.

SPOTTED: The by now customary Lulu glance to the monitor, though you have to wait until the very end of the routine for this (and its not that easy to spot on the link provided).

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Dancer
SUMMARY: Ground breaking song that is my all time favourite. Unhappy at the time that they danced to it as I wanted to see Donna perform but apparently she was banned by the BBC as the song was too suggestive.  Not too keen on the routine. Could have been more raunchier given the beat and lyrics but obviously PC police were there.  Now I have levelled off and it is my favourite dance of 1977.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's lovely solo dance for the second verse.  Her lovely hair.  Would have been a perfect advert for corimist hairspray or Silvikrin shampoo.

SPOTTED: Never noticed anything before until highlighted above.  Lulu was quite naughty at having sneaky looks at herself on the monitor.  Must have been terribly vain.

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Suefan
SUMMARY:  More than happy that Donna had had the banneds read, if that indeed was the case.

CHAMPAGE:  A flute full of skirt swishing!

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Dancer
Yes it was Suefan but did not find out until years later when TOTP2 was aired and Steve Wright said it at the start or end of the routine.  It was the Valentines Day show.  I would never say it was suggestive but of course times have moved on now and we are far more liberal.  When I did see her perform it live I don't think it would have had the duration at No.1 that it did as it did not sound good at all.  Yes her voice was good but the background music was not.

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

SUMMARY: Very consistent with my memories of the 70s Disco - there's a certain sexiness but I can't really recall very well what I saw or what happened

CHAMPAGNE:  Whole Lotta Rosie, Grande Rosie and Tall Rosie

SPOTTED:  It's all a blur

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

The Rubberband Man
PattiForPM wrote
... there's a certain sexiness but I can't really recall very well what I saw or what happened

SPOTTED:  It's all a blur
You sound like Mick Fleetwood when you say that

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

SUMMARY: Our girls perform to a classic disco track, with plenty of running around, skirt swishing, and the dreaded overdubs!

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's solo.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

SUMMARY: One of those routines that is really where the SFX people mess about.

CHAMPAGNE: All the shaking.

SPOTTED: You see lots of Sue and Rosie.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: I love the song and the choreography is a good fit for it

CHAMPAGNE: I'll give the champagne to the song writer and Ms. Summer

SPOTTED: Nothing Really

But

Dancin Easy

SPOTTED: Though not generally known for violence, I feel that I want to  thump those audience members who turn around to wave at the camera, especially the bloke with the light coloured jacket. If you have Gill dancing in a Moody Blue dress only a few feet away, why would you want to turn around?

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Doc
"Hello Mum!"
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Old Grey Whistler wrote
SPOTTED: Though not generally known for violence, I feel that I want to thump those audience members who turn around to wave at the camera, especially the bloke with the light coloured jacket.
I am also a non violent person, but I would like to thump the person in the light coloured jacket for singing this gawd awful song

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Doc
You're 12 years too late!
He got to No.1 with Moon River in 1961, in 1963 he disappeared completely from the charts and this rip from the Martini adverts is the only time he ever returned.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sMqZV-AA68
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Terrible song wasn't it?  Never understood why it was released but moreover that poor girl had to form a dance routine to it.  I don't blame that guy for turning round to be fair because he was certainly nothing to look at and watch perform.  Felt sorry for Gill there.  Would have thought more of her if she had walked off mid dance.

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

I think if I had been in the audience OGW I would have turned around.  It was a horrid song.  He cannot really see Gill so I would imagine spyed his opportunity and used the time to his advantage and waved home.  Often wondered if they got pep talked before the commencement of the show i.e. try not to look at camera and especially wave.

Historically the girls always looked like they were committing a crime when the camera got close to them.  One girl who springs to mind is the one wearing the twinset with Noel Edmonds as he introduces Don't Go Breaking My Heart by Ruby Flipper.  She is really bashful and looking at her she never looked the type who would be like that outside of the studio.

Re: 40th 21/07/77: I Feel Love

Mikey
SUMMARY: In retrospect a missed opportunity skirt swisher, the swirly colours are nice though.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosies nearly minute long solo

SPOTTED: The girls shuffling in backwards at the end of Rosies solo