40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51XUZLB2m6M

COMMENT: Can you tell who is who in this excellent routine?

CHAMPAGNE:
Rosie not really being shot.

OTHER LIKES:
Lots of bits and pieces to like.

SPOTTED:
Gill, Lulu, Patti, Pauline, Rosie and Sue. Definitely nothing Irish!

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: It’s a “tragedy” this hasn’t scored more points. Come on, it’s awesome people

CHAMPAGNE: Patti’s “slowly drown” mime

OTHER LIKES: The clown handing over the rose to the assassinated clown – what a nice jester

SPOTTED: Sheer perfection worthy of a BAFTA

Re: 40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

AC/PD
COMMENT: No 'bad pretence' in this acclaimed masterpiece of a routine which rightfully takes the plaudits.

CHAMPAGNE: The sleeve-shaking reaction to Rosie taking a bullet.

OTHER LIKES: The drawing of the curtains. Rosie's reassuring revival.

SPOTTED: No smiles from them. Just from us.

Re: 40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

COMMENT: Marmite routine.  Official.

CHAMPAGNE: The Rosie dead pose.  Iconic.

OTHER LIKES: No frauds from across the water are taking part.  Genuine.

DISLIKE : Rosie shouldn't have come back to life. Kind of a cop out ending on a high note, not tragic enough for me.  Limp.

SPOTTED: Sue being tasked with difficult upside down on the chair shot.  Dexterous.

Re: 40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

COMMENT: Sweet sadness with music and dance perfectly synchronised

CHAMPAGNE:  The best vintage and enough for everyone but Patti, Sue and Rosie get first three glasses

OTHER LIKES:  The chair is the perfect prop

SPOTTED:  Or rather  not  spotted - try as I might I can't see the Rose until Pauline picks it up.  Does someone plant is there just before she does or is it there all along I wonder?

Re: 40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: Everything comes together perfectly, like an alignment of the planets.

CHAMPAGNE: The pose near the beginning when Lulu cradles her face. An image which has stayed with me from 1979.

OTHER LIKES: When the curtains draw back and one by one the girls adopt a different pose.

SPOTTED:  That stage is surprisingly small. Not something immediately obvious with so much going on.

SPECIAL MENTION: For the chair, which plays an integral part in the routine!

Re: 40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

Suefan
COMMENT: One of Flick's best concepts.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue getting in some early practice for her Will You solo but encumbered with rather more raiments.

SPOTTED: Chair placements with feeling.

Re: 40th 22/02/79: Tragedy

Doc
SPOTTED: A rare occurrence of them wearing identical costumes.
Still living in 1979