40th 22/06/78: Dancing In The City

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DzqjlByL8c

COMMENT: An absolute cracker of a routine, an ideal antidote to the Smurfs.

CHAMPAGNE: It has be the line of girls wiggling and shimmying past the camera ending with the close up of this gorgeous lady!

OTHER LIKES:
1. This moment with Rosie and Sue.

2. Gill, Rosie and Sue together ending with Rosie walking backwards wiggling her hips. A moment that requires a cold shower!

SPOTTED:
1. Those collars look like they might have come from the local pet store as they have a link to add a lead.

2. Watch Pauline's crouch near the start, she hardly moves. Now try it yourself!

Re: 40th 22/06/78: Dancing In The City

AC/PD
COMMENT: As Doc says,  "An absolute cracker of a routine." Even the skyscrapers lean back in admiration of a smouldering performance which enhances the record.

CHAMPAGNE:  As Doc says. Quite possibly a major influence on the creation of Champagne Moments.

OTHER LIKES: Pauline's alluring performance somehow ends up slightly under the radar. But it's there!

SPOTTED:  Lulu's solo singalong.
                Not such curvacious brims on the 2003 versions...

Re: 40th 22/06/78: Dancing In The City

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: The girls look absolutely gorgeously stunning in their Fedoras, leopard print leotards and the lacy fingerless gloves. Well done to Doc for the super HQ screen grabs.

CHAMPAGNE: The bit in Doc’s link from 0:09 to 2:47

SPOTTED: The traffic lights are on the blink, showing a green light for all directions

Re: 40th 22/06/78: Dancing In The City

Doc
A few more grabs:-

Re: 40th 22/06/78: Dancing In The City

COMMENT:  Agree with the Kid, they are funky felines, just purr-fect.

CHAMPAGNE: Im going to go with crouching Pauline and her rise to give that wonderful high kick.

OTHER LIKES:   Never really noticed before but i love the hip gyrating Patti in the walk-throughs.

SPOTTED:  On the two walk-throughs, none of the dancers do so the second time in the same place as the first time. First time its Pl,G,S,Pt,L,R  then  R,S,G,L,Pt,Pl.  Also Sue does so facing towards the right of our screen first time and Lulu faces towards the left. On the return visit they do so visa-versa with Sue facing right and Lulu left.

Re: 40th 22/06/78: Dancing In The City

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: Classic Legs, a routine to show non-fans for conversion purposes.

CHAMPAGNE: I'm tempted to say the cork pops at the beginning and it's still fizzing at the end, but, going down the line is an amazing moment. Each girl is sultry in a different way.

OTHER LIKES: Pauline's deep squat. In answer to Doc, no I won't be trying this as I am under no illusions that my level of fitness compares to Pauline's in 1978. Though it must be easier in heels

Also, really love that fists to body twist they do to the line "alleys that we run through"

SPOTTED: Three cheers to the set designers for their accuracy. Nassau St does indeed intersect with Wall St. These things are strangely important to me!

Re: 40th 22/06/78: Dancing In The City

COMMENT: Record setting heat in the City due to six felines on fire

CHAMPAGNE: Difficult to pick any one moment or factor.  It's all so darn good

OTHER LIKES:  OK that lovely chorus line-up is brilliant and these outfits are totally flawless

SPOTTED:  Is it my imagination or is Patti's Fedora pulled down a little further to give that air of mystery I love so much?