40th 22/12/77: Love's Unkind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtcvQdcfWCo

SUMMARY: OFTD dance of the year!

CHAMPAGNE: Fizzy throughout.

SPOTTED:  Rosie wearing the world's shortest skirt!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 22/12/77: Love's Unkind

SUMMARY: The quintessential Legs & Co routine in my book.

CHAMPAGNE: Just so much to choose from, but the segment with Lulu back thumbing to her best friends takes some beating.

SPOTTED:  The wrong turn mistake in the first 3 seconds of the routine. If ya gonna make one, get it out of the way early doors !

Re: 40th 22/12/77: Love's Unkind

SUMMARY: A true classic; deceptively simple but highly effective like all really good confectionery

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's betrayal-anger and Pauline's innocent joy

SPOTTED: A bit of a long-winded meandering thought this one but I was trying to decide if these lovely leopard skins were the Dancing in the City ones and started looking at how they are tied at the top (tough work but someone has to do it!).  In DITC they are all worn tied over one shoulder with no straps visible but here Rosie and Gill seem to have taken both skins over the same shoulder, Lulu and Patti have the skins and straps over both shoulders producing a V-neck and Sue and Pauline have a horizontal top with only straps.  Still not really sure if they are the Dancing in the City tops.  Maybe these ladies just hypnotized me and I'm talking nonsense.  Anyway it was fun to look carefully and not a single second of watching was wasted!

Re: 40th 22/12/77: Love's Unkind

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: What can I say, it's a bona fide solid gold classic. All six girls, cute threads (with charmingly silly hats) and super-cute moves. Just put it on a continuous loop!

CHAMPAGNE:

SPOTTED: Pauline tapping Lulu on the shoulder to avoid a reversing calamity.

Re: 40th 22/12/77: Love's Unkind

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Awesome!

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's BFF problems.

SPOTTED: A rare discombobulation from Pauline and Gill at the start.
               A left over game of Tetris.

Re: 40th 22/12/77: Love's Unkind

SUMMARY: The best routine for 1977 (in my opinion)

CHAMPAGNE:

SPOTTED: Nothing
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 22/12/77: Love's Unkind

SUMMARY: What an absolute classic, even all of the literal interpretation works a treat.

CHAMPAGNE: The Lulu thumbing over her shoulder section, and Rosie's lovely long legs!

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.