40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

Doc

VIDEO

SUMMARY: Flick must have been under orders for a gymslip number this week! Shame it's only available in VHS fuzzy vision.

CHAMPAGNE: No actual moment but as this appeals to a number of male fantasies it's worth a bottle.

SPOTTED:
Or rather not spotted, whilst off camera to our left Gill's belt gets removed just after she disappears in that direction whilst Pauline is in close up. It can be seen on the floor later on.

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

PattiforPM
SUMMARY: Chelsea Ladies Field Hockey may not have swept the World before it but it darn well should have done

CHAMPAGNE: Patti breaks through the centre between two brilliant wingers

SPOTTED: Underwear uniformity rules were relaxed for this game

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: Britain's ladies hockey team raise eyebrows with their pre match warmup.

CHAMPAGNE: The whole routine is one big champagne moment.

SPOTTED: Knickers and graffiti.

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: The dance sequence everyone remembers, but not because of the technical nature of the dance moves

CHAMPAGNE: Green knickers with black spots

SPOTTED: Lulu’s intricate tie knot

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

SUMMARY: Why didn't girls dress like this at my school ?

CHAMPAGNE: I like the bit with central Patti with Lulu & Pauline either side of her giving it the slow grind treatment.

SPOTTED:  What is it with Gill & belts. Of course she loses one also during the 78 Xmas routine is similar fashion. She ends up in this like shes wearing a maternity smock !

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Legs dressed as schoolgirls, somethings were meant to happen

CHAMPAGNE: I'm sure it was just meant as an innocent piece of choreography with no improper implication, but, ahem, at 2 mins...

SPOTTED: A mysterious crouching figure heads into backstage darkness at about 2.15

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: Posh girls slum it in capital away match.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline gets tough. The three-girl split also selected by P4PM, would you believe?

SPOTTED: 1. Overly capacious knickers. 2. DLT's intro synchronizes with current 2018 time and weather: 'It may be freezing cold outside but we've got something to hot you up tonight'. 3. Thankfully Cadbury's didn't sue over colour rights.

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

AC/PD
SUMMARY : Summary of the Robin Nash / Flick Colby meeting - It's "certain audience" appeasement time again.
CHAMPAGNE : With Cadburys Dairy Milk
SPOTTED : Erm...Patti's completely correct colour coordination.

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

Another `spotted` is the fact for a second routine in a row we are seeing TV cameras here and there during routines. This is certainly something thats less common in later years.

It just goes to back up my theory that the beginning of 1978 has lots of jiggery pokery going on, with most or i reckon all of the routines filmed prior to the rest of the show. Another reason why i think that is that this routine is 70 days into a 119 day exile of no audience members being seen during a Legs & Co routine.

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

SUMMARY: A bit of a raunchy and sexy routine, but all good fun and tastefully done.

CHAMPAGNE: The part where Lulu dances around Pauline.

SPOTTED: After watching the routine many times ( someone has to do it ), it seems Lulu is the only one wearing the big polka dot knickers.

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

The Rubberband Man
How readers of The Radio Times summarised "Alright Now"
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Legs-Co-1976-79-tp4062428p3027852.html

Re: 40th 23/02/78: Alright Now

PattiforPM
These Radio Times Cogniscenti clearly don't hang out with the average Blues Rock Band of the early 1970s nor do they read the lyrics of said Classic Song