40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJxdvsym_Rw

New No.1 The Jacksons - Show You They Way To Go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBIX1FSvKfQ

SUMMARY: It reminds me of a WWE cage fight, weird!

CHAMPAGNE: More like Afternoon Cream Teas!

SPOTTED: I've drawn a blank this time.

NEW No.1: OK, but not rushing to put it on.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Pretty in pink

CHAMPAGNE: That fairest of maidens Lulu right at the beginning

SPOTTED: Nothing at all. It went like a dream.

NEW No.1: I like it. Classic pop tune.

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

SUMMARY: Soft Pink Focus

CHAMPAGNE: Just the general cuteness of the whole Troupe

SPOTTED: Zippo

NEW No.1: Crapo Jacko

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

SUMMARY: This week Legs try and gain young girl fans.

CHAMPAGNE: Those young girls don't look old enough for champagne.

SPOTTED: They didn't paint the floor pink.

NEW No.1: Okay if it came on the radio, but not something I would go out of my way to listen to.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

SUMMARY: The set somehow reminds me of Joe 90's Big Rat, now thats weird.

CHAMPAGNE: Pimms on the lawn for this lot.

SPOTTED: No presenter intro, its straight from Johhny Nash and onto the dance routine. Yet if you listen closely, there is some sort of voice muttering at the start. Why, what, who is it ? Doesn't sound like JS.

NEW No.1: Even Legs & Co the other week failed to inspire me with it.

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: It reminds me of Itchycoo Park, weird!

CHAMPAGNE: Rose Champagne for Lulu at the start.

SPOTTED: Lights on the right short circuit at 1:17, but they come back on again.

NEW No.1: It's classic Philadelphia soul sound.

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

SUMMARY: Our girls venture deep down south back to the 19th century for this routine.

CHAMPAGNE: I think they all look kind of cute in those pink and white outfits.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time.

NEW No.1: Not one of their best, but still decent enough.

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

Mikey
SUMMARY: More pop jazz, yay, actually this isn't a bad routine i just never feel the urge to want to watch it for some reason

CHAMPAGNE: The first few seconds

SPOTTED: Pink, i think there may have been pink somewhere.

NEW No.1: Decent, if a little plodding for the Jacko's. Interesting to note the 'Beat Club' caption even though there was a great big Musik Laden sign on the stage.

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

Dancer
SUMMARY:  Lovely song.  Cool jazz but not sure the outfits fit the song.  I think if four of them had danced to it each one could have dressed up as one of season.

CHAMPAGNE: Good dance routine but I was taken with the song.

SPOTTED: Nothing at all.  Not a memorable dance and as above the song transported me not the dance.

NEW No.1: Huge Philly fan but this never tickled my tangerines at all.  It is ecclesiastic and is at these events where this song is played.  It did not deserve to be No.1 at all.

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

Doc
Dancer wrote
SUMMARY:  Lovely song.  Cool jazz but not sure the outfits fit the song.  I think if four of them had danced to it each one could have dressed up as one of season.
I have to disagree with you here.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 23/06/77: Oh Lori

Dancer
Are you talking about the outfits doc?  I felt they were too schmaltzy for the track.  Would have been a good idea to see them on a huge tricycle really.