40th 23/08/79: Just When I Needed You Most

40th 23/08/79: Just When I Needed You Most

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLMMtYhiXsA

COMMENT: Randy Vanwarmer, sounds one of those dodgy car heaters in old vehicles that took ages to warm up. But it's OK it's a made up name he's really called Randall Van Wormer, oh hang on!

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time.

OTHER LIKES: Legs and Co appeared a bit.

SPOTTED:  Sadly Randy didn't make old age succumbing to leukemia in 2004.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 23/08/79: Just When I Needed You Most

COMMENT: The days when a young lady would travel light (and wear white gloves to do so). These days they would be saddled with those large pull-out handled wheeled suitcase contraptions that are dragged a yard behind them. Not at all sophisticated.

I wonder if Randy and Legs ever met ? I'd say the Randy and Legs segments we're filmed separately and simply superimposed. Maybe Randy had a plane to catch, i don't think he left Legs & Co just when they needed him most !

Re: 40th 23/08/79: Just When I Needed You Most

COMMENT: Low Key Luggage-based Dance

CHAMPAGNE: Might be Chocolate Milk in the Bus Station vending machine

OTHER LIKES: The authentic solemnity of it all

SPOTTED:  Nope

Re: 40th 23/08/79: Just When I Needed You Most

COMMENT: Its the warn down after all the Gyrating before the girls head off for a well earned picnic.

Re: 40th 23/08/79: Just When I Needed You Most

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: L&C take a literal “pack up and go” approach to a sentimental song that’s loaded with emotional baggage

CHAMPAGNE: I’ll wait until we get to the airport’s Duty Free

SPOTTED: Lackadaisical guitar playing
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 23/08/79: Just When I Needed You Most

COMMENT: Not a bad song , and from what we see of the girls performance it could have been so much more. Picking up on Ryan's point about the two performances being filmed separately and superimposed, i'd imagine the Legs & Co sections were filmed as a full routine, now wouldn't it be great if it ever turned up somewhere?

CHAMPAGNE: Nothing this time.

OTHER LIKES: Just the elegance of the girls.

SPOTTED: Nothing.