40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ASjawR_Lc

COMMENT: Stairs on the stage falls a bit flat for me.

CHAMPAGNE: The hair swishing works for me.

OTHER LIKES:
Paying homage to Sue's spins.

SPOTTED:
Possibly the smallest dance floor ever.

Sue also appeared with Racey on the same show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vukV5qsJB5Q

Spotted: She almost falls off the stage!

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A dance sequence that’s full to the brim of uptempo fast moves, directional changes, spins, twists, and high kicks, is performed within the most cramped and narrowest of confines seen in any routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill’s air guitar stuff

OTHER LIKES: Seeing the Legs & Co train formation

SPOTTED: There’s a dangling thread with a button or something on the end, hanging off Lulu’s dress

Racey Spotted: The piano’s stronger that it looks.

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
<SPOTTED: There’s a dangling thread with a button or something on the end, hanging off Lulu’s dress
Yes, I noticed that, no idea what it was.

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: There’s a dangling thread with a button or something on the end, hanging off Lulu’s dress
Not just Lulu, all the girls dresses have them. A good video to watch for this is YMG's half speed job. In the very opening scene you can spot one dangling from Gill's dress. Not sure what they are, id even suggest they were more of a hindrance with the objects flicking around and hitting their thighs.
http://sendvid.com/37f6dl9s

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

The Rubberband Man wrote
SPOTTED: There’s a dangling thread with a button or something on the end, hanging off Lulu’s dress
Not just Lulu, all the girls dresses have them. A good video to watch for this is YMG's half speed job. In the very opening scene you can spot one dangling from Gill's dress. Not sure what they are, id even suggest they were more of a hindrance with the objects flicking around and hitting their thighs.
http://sendvid.com/37f6dl9s
You're absolutely right Ryan. I didn't spot that everyone had the dangly thread, but somehow it seems more prominent on Lulu's behind than the others, no idea why that should be.
Excellent quality vid on that link from YMG which makes the whole routine much clearer to see. Thanks to YMG for that

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

AC/PD
COMMENT: A dance not without its problems - the timing's occasionally haphazadous, contributed to in one small part by the narrow width/ledge which results in sudden stops when descending the steps. The Legs 'zest' goes some way towards balancing out the technical shortcomings.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill's air guitar. The other five causing Sue to spin rapidly rotate 'just like that'.

OTHER LIKES: The overlay instrumental break, Legs various afforded the opportunity to take the weight off their heels.

SPOTTED:  Rosie singing along 15 seconds in.

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

COMMENT: Fast and Furious in the Forum

CHAMPAGNE: Patti's 2:45 moment of joy

OTHER LIKES:  All the solo spots and the near-miraculous avoidance of mishaps

SPOTTED:   Nothing again sorry

Sue backed by Racey:

Spotted;  I wonder if the skirt over the head incident happened at all in rehearsals

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

Doc
SPOTTED:

8 seconds in, I'm guessing it was supposed to be synchronised but the right kick was anything but. Patti, Pauline and Gill all go at the same time, Sue is a fraction behind with Lulu lagging in last place. Rosie just doesn't bother! Only really obvious in Slo-Mo.

At 2:23: Whilst sitting Rosie does a little right kick, almost like an invisible doctor has just given her a reflex test.

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

Suefan
COMMENT: Danger money to Sue this week, from perching atop the pianola to starring into the abyss from the wooden decking!  Back to fourth form woodwork for that set designer!

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's spin and Gill’s stretching definitely each worth a sip.

Sue backed by Racey spots:  The lack of a slippy floor.

[I wonder if the skirt over the head incident happened at all in rehearsals?]
Only when Sue dropped him !

[The piano’s stronger that it looks.]
My dueling card for next April is filling up nicely !

Re: 40th 23/11/78: Dance (Disco Heat)

AC/PD
Suefan wrote
COMMENT: Danger money to Sue this week, from perching atop the pianola...
Hierarchical position on the steps noted, SF?
No complaints though as Pauline's placed likewise directly opposite.