40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyLg0PtjLqs

COMMENT: Never work with animals, children and audience members.

CHAMPAGNE: Only if I was old enough, in the crowd and Rosie picked me!

OTHER LIKES:
John getting jilted again.
Those tops are rather figure hugging.
Sue giving her partner a bit of a tongue lashing. (any lip readers out there?)
The expression on Rosie's partner's face. I think I might have done similar.

SPOTTED:
Not only did 'Gordon' not bother to dance, his t shirt claimed he taught Legs and Co all they know.

Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
SPOTTED:
Not only did 'Gordon' not bother to dance, his t shirt claimed he taught Legs and Co all they know.
If you look closely, Gordon's t-short says he taught Legs + Co, not Legs & Co. Who are these Legs + Co imposters who've been tricking the vulnerable Gordon?

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

AC/PD
That'll be Gordon living up to his nickname by selecting the simple and incorrect plus sign over an ampersand.

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

AC/PD
COMMENT: Brown Clothes On The Girls, tra la-la la-la!

CHAMPAGNE: Taking their lucky dip partners for a bouncy bop.

OTHER LIKES:
Sue's saunter across the screen
The cheery blonde in the audience wearing the neck scarf.
Sue conversing with her partner in a seemingly reassuring manner

SPOTTED:  Gill's partner wearing the same badge as David Jensen, as are a few other audience members.

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: Sadly too young and living in the wrong place to have had any opportunity of dancing with the girls. Gordon got the best pick and then blew it. If it had been me, I’d have swept Lulu away with a bit of Flossing – she’d have been unable to resist  πŸ˜œ

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu jilting Gordon  πŸ˜†

OTHER LIKES: The carnival atmosphere

SPOTTED: A guy waves to his mate on the other side of the studio around 2:37

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

COMMENT: A game of two halves

CHAMPAGNE:  Corked

OTHER LIKES:   1. The ladies looking lovely, moving smoothly and dealing with the worst adversity

                       2. The "Show Me Emotion" line being sung when Gordon clearly isn't

SPOTTED:   Not this time

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

Gorgeous Daze
PattiforPM wrote
              2. The "Show Me Emotion" line being sung when Gordon clearly isn't
The words are actually 'Show me your motion'. The truth however remains the same!

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

PattiforPM
Oops thanks GD.  Hopefully there isn't a line about listening carefully

Re: 40th 24/08/78: Brown Girl In The Ring

The Rubberband Man wrote
Doc wrote
SPOTTED:
Not only did 'Gordon' not bother to dance, his t shirt claimed he taught Legs and Co all they know.
If you look closely, Gordon's t-short says he taught Legs + Co, not Legs & Co. Who are these Legs + Co imposters who've been tricking the vulnerable Gordon?
Maybe they came from Ireland and Gordon was not the last to be fooled.
Good to see Lloyd back!