40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJz4D9o_w6U

COMMENT: Probably the most transmitted L&C performance ever thanks to BBC 4 using it to replace the film footage in the show. Nice and colourful!

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's meditate moment.

OTHER LIKES: Just about everything!
The outfits that initially look the same but are all very different.
Rosie getting the best outfit!
Lot's of nice close ups.

SPOTTED:
Why are there so many girls with oversized flat caps in the audience?

The two guys to the right of the stage that look completely unimpressed until the one in the white T shirt does a little 3 second routine near the end.

L&C also made an appearance in the crowd to
The Real Thing - Let's Go Disco
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWwymNeGoYc

Review (Exp 1 Oct)
P4PM
TRBM
RYAN
ER

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

PattiforPM
COMMENT: Passably good dance but this is one of the very very rare times when I'd rather have watched (one of) the artists perform than Legs Dance

CHAMPAGNE:  Perhaps Rosé

OTHER LIKES: Close ups are good and gradually dissolving skirts interesting

SPOTTED:  I agree Rosie gets Top of the Tops

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

COMMENT: Floid’s grateful for Lulu’s sprain as he gets a chance to dance, but Lu’s the one that we want.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue shines the most for me, so it’s champagne for her

OTHER LIKES: Rock n roll dance moves on the studio floor

SPOTTED: The recycling of the One Nation Under A Groove ceiling lights shade thingy
Edit: It's actually the other way round. The light shade thing was reused in One Nation Under A Groove.

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

COMMENT:   The `Phone-a-friend` hot-line is rung once again.

CHAMPAGNE:  Sue finger wagging at Floid and the little laugh she gives immediately after.

OTHER LIKES: No scrub that, ITS A DISLIKE: A certain male dancer rather dominates the routine. Don't believe me ? Well this guy is on-screen for 102 seconds of the available 141 of the routine. That equates to 72.34% of a Legs & Co routine.

SPOTTED:  The Bruiser in the crowd not looking to happy about proceedings. Maybe he was expecting an all girl dancing troupe as well.

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

I’m 100% not bothered about it. I’ve got no complaints about his appearance and to be honest I hardly notice him after the starting sequence.
I suspect the bruisers were probably irritated that they were being made to wait for Sham 69 to come on.

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT: It's fun to watch with some nice moments.

CHAMPAGNE: Meditate in my direction.

OTHER LIKES: Rosie and Sue doing their little turn together.

SPOTTED: This evidently wasn't cool enough for the punky twosome, yet they stayed to the end.

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

AC/PD
COMMENT: An energetic and vibrant spectacle, enhanced by nine tenths of the audience dancing along.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's ditsy yet winsome moment.

OTHER LIKES: The cheeriness of the audience member smiling admiringly at Rosie when she returns to the podium.
                      Pauline's frizz going ten to the dozen.

SPOTTED:  Floid.

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

PattiforPM
AC/PD wrote
SPOTTED:  Floid.
  LOL moment thanks

Re: 40th 25/05/78: You're The One That I Want

Doc
Not for 39 seconds apparently.