40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZOPT5qhhA

SUMMARY: Probably my favourite Christmas routine, never have reindeer looked so good.

CHAMPAGNE: Cheeky Lulu spurning Floid.

SPOTTED:
1). Sue steps on Rosie's foot, not quite sure what happened by Pauline and Lulu dance different steps to Rosie, who appears to be copying the 3 behind her.

Ouch!

2). Not content with mocking Floid when he wanted a kiss, Lulu makes a face at him just before he goes down the chimney.

3). Gill seems to be looking out for the camera a bit more than the others.

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

PattiforPM
SUMMARY: An utterly delectable Reindeer Team ably "managed" by Santa Floid

CHAMPAGNE: Impossible not to focus on Lulu's refusal even to pretend to tolerate Santa's advances

SPOTTED: Patti end of Dance features; She has to back up a little to avoid Floid's chimney entering preparation, she is the only dancer to blow Floid a kiss and she keeps dancing right to the end.  What a gal!!!

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Six Christmas Crackers dressed as reindeer. Which one would you pull?

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's snub to Santa (I sympathise with Floyd over this)

SPOTTED: Rosie thinking she could do with another 10 minutes in rehearsal

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

SUMMARY: Don't mind Floid so much in this. Though after he departs down the chimney, its a shame hes not being waved off permanently !

CHAMPAGNE: Oh most defiantly Lulu's rebuff of Santa.

SPOTTED: Very early on in the routine we see Floid walk backwards into the central line of the six reindeer's. Look closely as he bangs into Gill.

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

SUMMARY: Equally as good as the routine earlier in the year.

CHAMPAGNE: Floid going down the chimney and Legs waving him goodbye.

SPOTTED: Nothing.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

Doc
Legsfan wrote
CHAMPAGNE: Floid going down the chimney and Legs waving him goodbye.
The lock screen on my Ipad!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Snowy rooftop shenanigans as the world beneath sleeps.

CHAMPAGNE: Those dainty ankle-boots are super cute.

SPOTTED: A ducking Patti sells Floid a dummy as he attempts to deliver his peck on the cheek.

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

SUMMARY: I love this routine, six lovely dancers dressed as sexy reindeer and a classic track all add up to that Christmas feelgood factor.

CHAMPAGNE: Without a doubt, it has to be Lulu's snub toward Floid.

SPOTTED: Floid gets a little too close for comfort with his attempted kiss on Pauline, Rosie gets a little too close for comfort with her attempted kiss on Floid, on the approach to the chimney near the end Gill does a funny little jumping move that the others don't.

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

Doc
GiLuRo wrote
SPOTTED: Gill does a funny little jumping move that the others don't.
It's certainly very deliberate, she was just being extra enthusiastic!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

The Rubberband Man
I've another couple of spots.
Rosie and Lulu collide during the first reindeer reversing move.
Floyd bangs into Gill during his first reversing move through the pack, which makes Gill look across to the camera (still smiling though).

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

The Rubberband Man wrote
Floyd bangs into Gill during his first reversing move through the pack, which makes Gill look across to the camera (still smiling though).
Yes, that was the `spotted` i offered in my post earlier. That whole manoeuvre with Floid walking backwards into the narrow central line was difficult to execute without bumping and banging. Gill's head was already on the turn a split second before the bang and im guessing her smile to camera was just instinctive and nothing to do with the prang !

Re: 40th 25/12/77: Sir Duke

GiLuRo
It must have actually been a pretty difficult routine to do, with the girls being harnessed together in groups of three and working really close to each other it leaves very little room for any errors, and can therefor easily be noticed (which a few of us have). I have to say after watching it again, and seeing Gill beaming at the camera a few times, she's certainly enjoying herself!