40th 25/12/78: Annie's Song 3rd

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26d64o

COMMENT: 7 Sue's! What a nice Christmas present.

CHAMPAGNE: Possibly the best TOTP playout ever.

OTHER LIKES:
Sue doing what she does best!

SPOTTED:
Shame the picture had to be shrunk by the 'playout' lens.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 25/12/78: Annie's Song 3rd

COMMENT: Lovely tune which Sue always did justice to.

CHAMPAGNE: To all on the 1978 Christmas show who cobbled it together under trying circumstances due to industrial action around that time.

OTHER LIKES: The mere fact Sue got to do the playout.

Further comment: I somehow get the feeling Sue preferred dancing to this on 3 separate occasions rather than Racey on 3 separate occasions !

Re: 40th 25/12/78: Annie's Song 3rd

Doc
I accidentally titled this one Three Times A Lady, an appropriate title for Sue. Or should it be 7 times a lady in this case.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 25/12/78: Annie's Song 3rd

Caracalla
COMMENTS -  I like the kaleidoscope effect because it looks nice but I also dislike it because, on my mobile, it makes Sue tiny.

CHAMPAGNE -  Sue reaching out to one side (which you caught in the picture above)

OTHER LIKES -  the little side sweeps she does with her skirts as she sidesteps

SPOTTED -  that though this is nice and all Sue, the limited view means I think I prefer one of the other performances.

Re: 40th 25/12/78: Annie's Song 3rd

COMMENT: Even fuzzied by multiple miniaturization Sue is mesmerizing

CHAMPAGNE: Superb Spins

OTHER LIKES:  A lovely dress

SPOTTED:   No

Re: 40th 25/12/78: Annie's Song 3rd

AC/PD
COMMENT:  A book-end performance which journeys back across old fields, coming full-circle to connect with a record danced to three years before. Dream state enhanced by Kaleidoscope

CHAMPAGNE:  Running spring water

OTHER LIKES:  The freedom and the conclusion

SPOTTED:   An uninhabited studio.

Re: 40th 25/12/78: Annie's Song 3rd

COMMENT: If Sue were to dance to this a fourth time, people would start calling it “Sue’s Song”

CHAMPAGNE: The bit where Sue gets really closed to the camera, @ 3:22

OTHER LIKES: The kaleidoscopic effect from the lens filter, that looks something like this :-

SPOTTED: Being pedantic, as there’s no words or singing, this should really be called Annie’s Tune
All bound for Lulu Land