40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5fuuExyQH8

COMMENT: To quote Sue back in 2013, 'There are some routines where really big mistakes went on, and they still let it go out regardless... (Love you Inside and Out is one )' and 'I suppose that the one routine that would have been nice to do again, was the Bee Gees, ''Love You Inside and Out'. It was all going so well until the end.... but then.....  these things happened'. Well despite the errors I think this is one of the best routines of the year! Much more memorable for the dancing than the mistakes. Oddly I don't think many spotted them until it was pointed out.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue, perfection throughout!

OTHER LIKES:. The outfits (Kimonos?) being cut as high as tastefully possible, except for Lulu's which seemed to be another inch or two higher.

SPOTTED:
Even P4PM might see something this time, but I'll leave them for others to pick out.
Just before the final umbrella spinning, Sue makes a quick almost knowing glance off to the right, I wonder what she was thinking?

I don't often look at the comments on the You Tube Videos, but I'm going to list a few this time:

I love sue more now!.. than ever...she's an amazing beautiful looking woman. ..xxx

Sue is stand out spectacular.

STUNNING SUE
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

COMMENT: One of only two Legs & Co routines in which the same dancer starts and ends the routine in a sitting position. The other routine ? Pauline in Sound & Vision.
EDIT- Also Patti in Stray Cat Strut. (Thanks Mikey)

SPOTTED:   Lulu steadying herself with her left hand at 1.32 mins on Doc's link.

DISLIKE: The total mess between 2.29 & 2.36 mins on Doc's link.

LIKE: The cool unruffled look on the statuesque Patti's face during that period.

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

COMMENT: One of only two Legs & Co routines in which the same dancer starts and ends the routine in a sitting position. The other routine ? Pauline in Sound & Vision.
You could also include Patti in Stray Cat Strut

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

Yes, quite right.

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A very sexy Japanese style Noh Mai to a song that appears to have nothing to do with anything Japanese.

CHAMPAGNE: A Sake for that move where the girls get in line, lean over and then place their golden parasols between their legs.

OTHER LIKES: Sue’s backward somersault, and a special mention for the costumes.

SPOTTED: A Shinto.
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

AC/PD
COMMENT: Wise of Flick to devise this routine based not on a lyric but on the overall Eastern musical tone. Wouldn't have minded Patti given the spotlight here on account of her Hong Kong roots but as it is, so accomplished is Sue's performance here that I daresay she could have carried this one off as a solo performance.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's splayed leg backward roll.

OTHER LIKES:. Using the parasols in an atypical manner when lining up.

SPOTTED: Don't bother giving Gill a ring. She's got several.

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

DISLIKE: The total mess between 2.29 & 2.36 mins on Doc's link.
A bit hard on Pauline and Lulu, who appear to have got through it without making a slip. A rare occurrence is even Sue seems to miss a move (I had to watch it about 10 times to spot it, it's that minor!)
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

Doc wrote
RYAN wrote
DISLIKE: The total mess between 2.29 & 2.36 mins on Doc's link.
A bit hard on Pauline and Lulu, who appear to have got through it without making a slip. A rare occurrence is even Sue seems to miss a move (I had to watch it about 10 times to spot it, it's that minor!)
Well okay then, a total mess on the right-hand side of the screen.

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

COMMENT: A serene Oriental experience with a tragic ending

CHAMPAGNE: Sue at the very end

OTHER LIKES:. The outfits and those legs

SPOTTED:   The Platoon is willing to drop and give you twenty and will look lovely doing it

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

Dancer
COMMENT: A lovely song coupled with a lovely dance.

CHAMPAGNE: All of it because it was not a dance I would have come up with myself so kudos to Flick for this.  Loved the outfits and peripherals.

OTHER LIKES: Sue's solo at the commencement and at the end.  Beckoning you to camera.  Always a go to routine.

SPOTTED: Nothing until it was mentioned above and then I needed to look copious times.  Well thought out and performed.

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

COMMENT: The one with the twirling parasol !

CHAMPAGNE: A bath of bubbly for Sue !

SPOTTED:  Superbly supple Sue !!!

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

Doc wrote
OTHER LIKES:. The outfits (Kimonos?) being cut as high as tastefully possible, except for Lulu's which seemed to be another inch or two higher.
Lulu's always a cut above the others IMO
#Luluism
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 26/04/79: Love You Inside Out

COMMENT: I love this Japanese themed routine, similar style costumes to the Tokyo Joe routine a couple of years earlier.

CHAMPAGNE: A very large glass to Sue for her performance throughout.

OTHER LIKES: The girls bending over in a line with the parasols between their legs.

SPOTTED: Nothing that hasn't already been pointed out.