40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEtvEiZP05c

COMMENT: Roughly 40% of the way through L&C's tenure on the show. Ignore the spotlight, there's plenty going on in the shadows. One of those routines that would appear high up in a table of routines where people have moaned about the lighting, if there is such a table.

CHAMPAGNE: The silhoutte at the back!

OTHER LIKES:
The little side to side hops. (I'm sure there's a technical term for it).
The end of Gill's little solo. This bit:

SPOTTED:  One thing I've not noticed before is that it's a shame Lulu is consigned to the sidelines and shadows because she looks rather good in that outfit!

Re: 40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

COMMENT: Flick's feathers and frills fetish beaks through.

CHAMPAGNE:  Needed more light to open the bottle by.

Edit:  Evidently I cannot spell breaks.

Re: 40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

Doc
Suefan wrote
COMMENT: Flick's feathers and frills fetish beaks through.
Boots with eyelashes?
I’ll add thigh high boots to my likes section.

Re: 40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: The red leotards, black hats, the boots and the nylons are fabulous to see, but bad lighting around the edges casts a shadow over making this routine a winner

CHAMPAGNE: Spinning Gill

SPOTTED: The set looks incomplete. Lulu’s ramp has an off ramp to the right. Sue’s ramp doesn’t have an off ramp to the left and it looks like she just has to leap off it and hope for the best

Re: 40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

Doc
The Rubberband Man wrote
COMMENT: The red leotards, black hats, the boots and the nylons are fabulous to see, but bad lighting around the edges casts a shadow over making this routine a winner

SPOTTED: The set looks incomplete. Lulu’s ramp has an off ramp to the right. Sue’s ramp doesn’t have an off ramp to the left and it looks like she just has to leap off it and hope for the best
The props dept must have run out of on ramps, I can’t see any other reason for it not being there as it make the set look unbalanced and the leap off it would have had unnecessary risks attached.

I think the lack of lighting round the edges was intended so that those on the outside would become silhouettes. An attempt at being arty that didn’t appeal to most. I don’t mind those at the back being in the dark but the lack of lighting at the front is irritating especially when Sue and Lulu get close to the camera and you can’t see them!

Re: 40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

Suefan wrote
 fetish beaks

No doubt for an X rated Disco Duck!

Re: 40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

COMMENT:  A Legs & Co dream sequence for some of us

CHAMPAGNE: The Central Scene 3

OTHER LIKES: Gill's spins, Rosie's dark art, Sue's and Pauline's brave unseen dismounts and the "which Leg is the dice under" segment from about 0:30 to 0:50.

SPOTTED: I looked long and hard for tiny steps built into the Left Wedge but alas in vain

Re: 40th 26/10/78: Sweet Talkin' Woman

AC/PD
COMMENT:  To misquote Dan Maskell, "Oh, thigh say!" Flourishes, preening and plenty of appealing posturing courtesy of the Three Amigas in                       the middle - others as outer adornments. Whips would have been welcomed. A shame the performance is cut short.
CHAMPAGNE: Haughty Gill flaunting her womanliness through attitude.
OTHER LIKES: The "Places please!" type of intro during which the orchestra warms up, Rosie performs a few lazy pre -performance spins and                        Pauline, Gill and Patti  reverse their way into position.
                     The winning combination of tied back hair and wide-brimmed hats worn high.
                     The hands-on-hips dance
SPOTTED:  Nothing.