40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCdH1zcySrQ

SUMMARY: Enjoyable high tempo routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill's moody look towards the camera about 30 seconds in

SPOTTED:
About 15 seconds in Gill smiling, something that was unusual in the first year or so when she wasn't in close up.
About 1:40 Gill appears give a slight stutter and looks towards Sue presumably to make sure she doing the right move.

NEW NO.1
Baccara - Yes Sir I Can Boogie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLkdfpwape8

One of those songs you shouldn't like but do. Excellent!

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Not their usual playground but Legs put plenty of energy into this rock number.

CHAMPAGNE: Much as I love Gill's sultry look to camera, it has to be Lulu's fist moment.

SPOTTED: Patti is uncertain early on. But too many other surreptitious looks to other troupe members suggests none of the girls were entirely comfortable with this one.

NEW NO.1:  A pop classic, heard it used in an advert just the other day.

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

SUMMARY: I do concede that with its many changes of tempo, this is possibly one of the most difficult tracks Legs were ever asked to dance to. But in my opinion the end product is an incoherent mess of a dance routine with performers left right and centre struggling to keep apace. Sure there are some nice/memorable scenes, but sadly one of the dancers who i wont name was having a real shocker. Its okay looking drop dead sexy, but not much use when your badly exposed in a routine in which `timing` is all important.

CHAMPAGNE: Just gotta be Lulu's fist and hard look.

SPOTTED: Best i pass on this section this week. It could get messy.

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Raunchy and sexy workout to a rather bad rock record

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu achieves iconographical eminence with her fist bump pose

SPOTTED: Lulu hopping over protruding floor scenery towards the end of the routine

New No.1: Euro Disco genre defining record that was the "Summer of '77" hit

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

SUMMARY: Rough Hewn Rock

CHAMPAGNE:  More like Guinness and yes that sultry Gill moment is the Head on top

SPOTTED:   Nothing new from me and everything about this seems to conspire against my efforts to closely observe

NEW NO.1   No Sir

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

Won't name but make bleedin obvious from your description!

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

CHAMPAGNE: Just gotta be Lulu's fist and hard look.
Her hairstyle reminds me of my late grandmother in that moment which is slightly disturbing. So not for me,

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
RYAN wrote
CHAMPAGNE: Just gotta be Lulu's fist and hard look.
Her hairstyle reminds me of my late grandmother in that moment which is slightly disturbing. So not for me,

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

Doc
No problems with with that clip.

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: Raunchy rocking gets messy and obstructed.

CHAMPAGNE: Since first reviewing this I've warmed to Lulu's suitability for getting tough. I'll also pop a cork for the raunchy energy even though it doesn't reach its potential.

SPOTTED: The costumes would have been ideal for another Valentine's special in a few months.

NEW No.1: I love Euro disco from the spacey credibility of Magic Fly and Oxygene to the well-crafted none too serious end epitomized by this pair of senoritas. Excellent indeed. Diez!

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

SUMMARY: Messy, but still enjoyable.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill's look at the camera early on, and of course Lulu's power fist.

SPOTTED: Nothing this time other than it was a really short routine, i wonder if it got even more messy and was edited?

New No.1: What's not to like, it's a classic!

Re: 40th 27/10/77: Black Betty

SUMMARY: Legs have a harder, hotter look tonight!

CHAPMAGNE: That Gill look that is routine picture.

SPOTTED: There was an audience today.

New No.1: Not a bad song. I have also heard it on the TV recently.
Devoted to Pan's People & Legs & Co.