40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVQASjOOoLE

COMMENT: I'm not sure the stairs would be allowed in today's safety first society.

CHAMPAGNE: Sultry sirens on the staircase at the start.

OTHER LIKES:
It's different.

SPOTTED:
Is that Lulu counting the beats whilst waiting on the stairs?
Flick must have been inspired to use the roller skates by the official video for the song.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

Doc wrote
SPOTTED:
Is that Lulu counting the beats whilst waiting on the stairs?
Good one. Now thats something else ive never spotted before. I'd suggest as shes lowest down on the stairs shes acting as the look-out and basically telling the girls when to go once Patti has skated past. Those on top wouldn't be able to see otherwise and no good them counting beats as it all depends on Patti's timing on the skates. Notice just before Lulu speaks out, Pauline glance upwards, presumably to a monitor.

Comment: I can just picture the scene when FC gathered the girls together for rehearsing this routine. FC to the girls "Any of you any good at roller skating" , Patti to FC "Yeah im not to bad", FC to Patti "Stick these on then, you've landed the role".

OTHER SPOTTED: The first outing for those stairs. They become a fixture on TOTPs for around the first 3 months of 1980 with many of the performers utilizing them.

DISLIKE: Spartan Christmas tree. Why bother.

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

Mikey
Heres a better copy if anyone is interested

https://we.tl/t-48wr2OVFTx

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

Doc
Good work, that's quite a bit better than the one I had.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

AC/PD
Someone else uploaded that copy to You Tube a couple of months ago.

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

AC/PD
COMMENT: Patti takes the short straw and elongates it superbly. A performance which feels distinctly 'Christmassy' separated from the non-seasonal performances.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's right leg.

OTHER LIKES: Just the overall style.

SPOTTED: (2:25)  The up-and-down height positioning with small Gill and little Pauline on either side.

QUERY: How does Patti seem to be travelling in slow motion at the conclusion when the girls on the stairs clearly aren't?

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

COMMENT: Patti’s got a brand new pair of roller skates, the other girls are on a gantry,
                   I think we should get together and buy them a Christmas tree

CHAMPAGNE: Crème de menthe for the costumes

SPOTTED: Cameraman is unable to follow Gill, and cuts her head off.
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

Doc
I'm going to add Lulu's stare directly at the camera to my likes.

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 27/12/79: I Will Survive

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
I'm going to add Lulu's stare directly at the camera to my likes.
Just to add to the love for Luluism, I spotted that Like and made this :-

Forgot to post it at the time
You only need one 'ism' in your life, and that's Luluism