40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1oevCriXYY

SUMMARY: The first ever L&C solo goes to Pauline.

CHAMPAGNE: More like sipping a fine wine.

SPOTTED: Only Pauline.

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

SUMMARY: If she was nervous, she disguised it well.

CHAMPAGNE: Nah, its staying on ice.

SPOTTED: Pauline walking on water, or should i say dancing on it. Notice the lily pads.

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Pauline finds sanctitude in solitude.

CHAMPAGNE: To borrow from Doc’s metaphor, more a Beaujolais than Champagne.

SPOTTED: Pauline has an asymmetrical look with an upper arm bracelet on the left, and a lower arm bracelet on the right.

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

SUMMARY: Pauline goes miniature solo underneath an old Swing Your Daddy dress

CHAMPAGNE: I'll pour PD a glass

SPOTTED: Perhaps tone down those fluorescent carnation earbuds next time

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

The Rubberband Man
PattiForPM wrote
SPOTTED: Perhaps tone down those fluorescent carnation earbuds next time

Unintentional Mickey Mouse look

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

Legsfan
SPOTTED: The first of many great solos by Legs.

CHAMPAGNE: Oh Pauline! You look so beautiful

SPOTTED: Nothing.

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: The tea boy has been allowed to go mad with a Stanley knife.

CHAMPAGNE: Pauline's sultry look over the left shoulder.

SPOTTED: DLT has had a swap around of admiring females during the song.

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

SUMMARY: The first solo, and beautifully done too.

CHAMPAGNE: Getting to see the lovely Pauline all on her own, sometimes i think she doesn't get nearly enough camera time.

SPOTTED: What's with those tatty sheets hanging from the ceiling?

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

Doc
GiLuRo wrote
CHAMPAGNE: Getting to see the lovely Pauline all on her own, sometimes i think she doesn't get nearly enough camera time.
In the first couple of years I think that's true.

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

Mikey
SUMMARY: Have Legs & Co split?, was it due to artistic differences??....oh its only this week, phew. Simple but nicely effective solo spot from Pauline in the world of pink.

CHAMPAGNE: Not quite, but a nice sparkling wine nonetheless.

SPOTTED: The song sounds like 'lean on me' in places

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

CoffeeThing

Champagne: Spending a couple of minutes transfixed to such a visual feast.

Spotted: the possibility that the Borg were trying to assimilate her with strategically placed flowers that speared perfectly symmetrically in her hair.
This week, I are be mostly hanging in there

Re: 40th 28/04/77: I Wanna Get Next To You

Dancer

Champagne: The song.  Always been a Rose Royce fan and this deserved to go higher - maybe if Gwen Dickey had sung it.

Spotted: Nothing really just an ill fitting dress.  They could have dressed Pauline much better.  Was this a rushed routine?