40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkvqHlx3qSk

SUMMARY: They'd have to sit down and behave if they want a lift in my car!

CHAMPAGNE: Not this time although there's a few nice moments.

SPOTTED: Sue is holding the radio with her left hand at the start but halfway through she changes to her right. The others use their right hand throughout.

I think someone just told Patti that Patti4PM was in the studio!

Legs remained in the car to join in with the No.1. I wonder if the two were filmed together then edited to different parts of the show?
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52pzHhQWvH0
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

SUMMARY: When reckless driving becomes entertainment.

CHAMPAGNE: Nah, but some fizzy pop may have gone well with the bubble gum.

SPOTTED: The two little side looks at Rosie by Lulu right at the end of the performance.

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Lulu drives me to distraction.

CHAMPAGNE: The effect of the G Forces on the corners.

SPOTTED: The camera man needs a driving lesson more than Lulu does. Even the girl in the audience looks worried that he’s about to collide with her.

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: It's just as well that seatbelts weren't compulsory in the 1970's.

CHAMPAGNE: No call for the bubbly on this occasion but I have always liked the Roadrunner outfits.

SPOTTED: Some of the least glamourous footwear that they ever wore but sensible if you have the urge to stand up in a car.

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

SPOTTED: The two little side looks at Rosie by Lulu right at the end of the performance.
Something seems to have amused her!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

Dancer
SUMMARY: Storm force 10 out there.  Outfits ideal and routine good for the song.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's solo towards the end - very lovely.

SPOTTED: Lulu trying to look hard as nails and not cutting it as she will always be the 'naughty little girl' of the group.

The routine to I Feel Love was lame but they could not repeat last week's show as there were no piccies.

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Teenage girls with hand-held devices clamped to their heads. It could almost be the 21st century!

CHAMPAGNE: When they all let it hang out (except Lulu who keeps her mind on her driving like a sensible girl would) towards the end.

SPOTTED: A square-looking BBC bod giving out instructions from the big man upstairs.

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

The Rubberband Man
Everything'sRosie wrote
SPOTTED: A square-looking BBC bod giving out instructions from the big man upstairs.
Good spot ER - I'd not seen him before

Rosie and Sue get a G Force impact from the right early on, even though Lulu doesn't turn the steering wheel. Sue, who's a bit further back in the car, is better at not making the mistake so obvious, lol

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

SUMMARY: Rampant disregard for seatbelt laws (no, they didn't exist in your neck of the woods yet, unlike futuristic Ontario) but occupants exonerated for looking super hot

CHAMPAGNE: Yup, as soon as they decide to turn onto Route 128 I pop the cork

SPOTTED: I defer to those above me

PS  Thanks for the mention above the pic Doc, although I can't quite decide if Patti looks thrilled to bits or utterly horrified!

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

Doc
I'd go with horrified.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

PattiforPM
LOL you're probably right, I might be looking with a slight bias

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

SUMMARY: Lulu's the sensible driver in this routine!

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's serious driving look.

SPOTTED: Camera man runs into a group of girls.
I think the purpose of that side shot that ran into that group of girls was to give the appearance of Legs zooming by, but the camera man couldn't go the full length because those girls were in the way and messed it up.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

SUMMARY: Lulu gets a bit of practice in behind the wheel before she does it again in two and a half years time to 'The Spirit Of Radio', i'm not saying she's a bad driver, but next time only Pauline and Rosie have the bottle to get in with her!

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie in the passenger seat.

SPOTTED: Could that weird looking car actually be a time travelling machine that took our girls forward then back again? Those radios really do look like modern day mobile phones!

Re: 40th 28/07/77: Roadrunner

Mikey
SUMMARY: Great fun and the disco dragster looks cool despite not actually moving.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulus really getting into the driving there.

SPOTTED: The outfits make an appearance the following year in Jim'll Fix It