40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

As the copy on You Tube is rather poor here's a better one from dailymotion.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x234xdr_legs-co-the-man-with-the-child-in-his-eyes-totp-tx-29-06-1978_creation

COMMENT: An uncommon event, a Legs and Co routine planned to need a second run through. (I think Fantasy was the last like this).

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's close up look towards the camera.

OTHER LIKES:
The leg revealing dresses.

SPOTTED:
About 40 seconds in a stage hand walks by on the right hand side and briefly gets illuminated by the spotlight.

Sue also got to appear with James Galway again, a much shorter dance this time and with her hair in it's natural state.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x234z9y_legs-co-annie-s-song-version-2-totp-tx-29-06-1978_creation

Review (Exp 12 Nov)
TBRM
RYAN
SF
AC/PD
ER
P4PM
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

The Rubberband Man
Doc wrote
Yes, and nobody knows about this man, they think he's lost [on some horizon].....

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A sensational dance sequence that doesn’t just complement Kate’s song – it totally embraces it.

CHAMPAGNE: Same for me – Sue’s moment, where the subliminal interpretation of the dance dissolves into exquisite poignancy and angelic purity.

OTHER LIKES: Everything really. It’s a 10/10. I do think this routine has the best use of the post production video mixer, and a mention to the lighting team who got the ambience and mood just right.

SPOTTED: In the area where the mystery man was, there’s something ghostly happens again around 1:35 right on the very edge of the screen. How spooky.

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

I can't really add to much to whats been said so far.

But on playing back Doc's link to this routine, are my ears playing tricks with me ?

Turn the volume up and i hear an audible `woo` noise at 2.42 mins. Can you ?
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x234xdr_legs-co-the-man-with-the-child-in-his-eyes-totp-tx-29-06-1978_creation

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

COMMENT: This is what the mute button was invented for.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's close-up.  Its a real corker.

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

Doc
Suefan wrote
COMMENT: This is what the mute button was invented for.

CHAMPAGNE: Sue's close-up.  Its a real corker.
1. Hmm, controversial!

2. I don’t think anyone would disagree with that.
Good to see Lloyd back!

Bordering on the ridiculous.

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

Suefan wrote
COMMENT: This is what the mute button was invented for.
Suefan 😬

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

Suefan
The Rubberband Man wrote
Suefan wrote
COMMENT: This is what the mute button was invented for.
Suefan 😬
And fine to be thought so.
When SF doesn't like something, as in Ms Bush's so called 'singing', he'll say so, whatever size of regular quadrilateral that makes him.  Peer pressure is something he was inoculated against many many moons ago.

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

AC/PD
COMMENT:  Ethereal.

CHAMPAGNE: Contemplative Sue casting her eyes to the floor.
                     Lovesick Rosie high on Cloud 9.

OTHER LIKES:  The transposing apparitions.

SPOTTED:  The Man With His Body In Shot.

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

Everything'sRosie
COMMENT:  A vision of purity. With those flowing white dresses and monolithic structures, I'm wondering if Flick had recently watched Picnic At Hanging Rock.

CHAMPAGNE: For me it has to be Rosie's solo. Sublime.

OTHER LIKES: L&C have never looked more beautiful than this. As beautiful, but never more. The close-up of Sue towards the end is incredible.

SPOTTED:  Even if the editor hadn't, I spotted Pauline.

Re: 40th 29/06/78: The Man With The Child In His Eyes

COMMENT:  A gentle breeze heralds a masterful performance

CHAMPAGNE:  Sue's visible emotion for me too

OTHER LIKES:  Really like the set

SPOTTED:  Some lovely ghosts