40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Doc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwFNhaLuiTk

New No.1
Hot Chocolate - So You Win Again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8vw55GzhU

New No.1: Nice one Errol!

SUMMARY: I'll just watch the left hand side of the TV!

CHAMPAGNE: Two minutes of Rosie on the screen in close up, what more could I want!

SPOTTED:
About a minute in Gill misses out about 4-5 seconds of the dance, there's a spin and hands crossed on the chest move that she doesn't do. You can see by her expression that she's realised the error.
Rosie can be seen checking the monitors several times, probably because the positioning is rather important for this one.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

New No.1: One of the better number ones of the year in my book.

SUMMARY: Split screen heaven

CHAMPAGNE: Its still in the fridge, though the routine is fun to watch.

SPOTTED: at 1.47mins on the link Doc has provided, Gill turns her back and appears to momentarily stumble. A give away to this maybe is immediately after she turns towards Rosie and gives a sheepish grin.

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

I've checked that on a better resolution with freeze frame and I think what you saw may be caused by the light shining off her bottom lip.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

SPOTTED: at 1.47mins on the link Doc has provided, Gill turns her back and appears to momentarily stumble. A give away to this maybe is immediately after she turns towards Rosie and gives a sheepish grin.
She nearly sprains her left ankle when the stiletto heel slips, good spot there.

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Post removed

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

New No.1: Not my favourite Hot Choc but pretty good nevertheless (not quite Every One's a Winner!)

SUMMARY: Enjoyable Showgirl Segmental Inequality filmed by a Brunetteist

CHAMPAGNE: The Three Youngsters shine

SPOTTED:  Rosie's Cameraman seems to have a higher mag lens on most of the time.  You weren't doing part time work back then were you Doc?

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Doc wrote
I've checked that on a better resolution with freeze frame and I think what you saw may be caused by the light shining off her bottom lip.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that one im afraid.
Here's the moment you're talking about, it's her teeth discoloured by the lighting that you see, but it does look like a tongue at full speed.

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Post removed

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Doc
Here's Gill sticking her 'tongue' out at your theory!

and here's the complete sequence:

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

PattiforPM
I think this is all just an excuse to gawk at close ups of the lovely Gill (not that I'm complaining mind)

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Doc
OK! More tongues?

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

The lengths some folk go to to disprove something !!! Okay, i concede you are correct. But in full speed action it does look like her tongue. I will go back and edit my now dis-proven tongue theory from the thread.

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Doc
It does look like it in real time.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Everything'sRosie
New No. 1: Classic pop. I knew it would ne a chart-topper the first time I heard it.

SUMMARY: Spilit screen heaven. Though inevitably my eyes were drawn left.

CHAMPAGNE: Hands on hips, and let those shoulders roll!

SPOTTED: The four fair-haired girls stick to the white stripes, while Pauline and Patti the black. Coincidence, or a sub-conscious decision?

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

New No.1: Classic Hot Chocolate.

SUMMARY: Showgirls in black, on three screens, great stuff!

CHAMPAGNE: The left of the screen, or the right of the screen, or maybe the girl at the front of the middle, i can't decide!

SPOTTED: Nothing that hasn't already been mentioned.

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Doc
GiLuRo wrote
CHAMPAGNE: The left of the screen, or the right of the screen, or maybe the girl at the front of the middle, i can't decide!
I can!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Dancer
New No.1: Never liked this track.  Mom was a huge fan but big thumbs down for me.

SUMMARY: Lovely outfits and lovely song.

CHAMPAGNE: The whole of the song.  Tom Moulton excellent remixer and this should have gone higher.  Girls did this proud.

SPOTTED: It all seems to have been covered above.

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

The Rubberband Man
New No.1: Consistent quality from this top pop group

SUMMARY: So many thinks to look at all at the same time

CHAMPAGNE:

SPOTTED: Same stage still in use by Elastica 17 years later :-

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

Mikey
New No.1: Nice, i think you'd have to be pretty harsh to dislike it.

SUMMARY: Classy song (a pre disco classic?) and routine to match, inventive use of the 3 way camera split.

CHAMPAGNE: A glass for Rosie

SPOTTED: Not a lot my eyes are darting all over trying to watch 3 things at once!

Re: 40th 30/06/77 Feel The Need

How did I miss this one??

New No.1: Very good.

SUMMARY: Six classy ladies do their thing!

CHAMPAGNE: Gill's hip shaking.

SPOTTED: Happy Birthday Patti!
An outtake of this routine exists, so maybe the broadcast edition was wiped and only an uncut copy survived like what happened with the 20/10/77.
Don't worry I'm still here!