40th 8/11/79: Rise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNZAi9PK_tE

COMMENT: 6 lovely greek handmaidens, what more could you want? Most unfortunate to be double yewtreed.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie praying to the god of OFTD.

OTHER LIKES:
Lulu beckoning us towards where Rosie is hiding!
Rosie's column solo x2.
Rosie!

SPOTTED:
One for Trekkies, but this always reminds me of the Star Trek episode 'Who Mourns For Adonais'

Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 8/11/79: Rise

Surely a contender for or possibly the best and most realistic scenery ever used in a TOTPs dance routine. These items must have cropped up in earlier BBC productions of a classical nature as the polystyrene factory wouldn't have commissioned them just for this.

Its noticeable how every now and again real effort and thought was given to a set, yet on some weeks the set would be sparse to say the least.

I think on reflection my Legs & Co comments score rating of 8.5 may have been a tad high as i now consider this a bit of an easy day out for the girls with a bit of running about and choreography thats hardly taxing. Though one has to admit the routine Flick prepared somehow mirrored the relaxing mood of the song.

If i would have to nominate a favourite bit of the routine, it would have to be the final shot of Rosie kneeling towards the god of dance !

Re: 40th 8/11/79: Rise

AC/PD
COMMENT: Graceful, hurried movements enhanced by the close proximity afforded by the up front and personal camera swoops. Mystique maintained by being able to chase yet always being just beyond our grasp.

CHAMPAGNE: Ancient wine poured from a clay jug - grapes trodden on by flighty Rosie.

OTHER LIKES:
The worshipping by those who are worshipped by us.
Rosie's literal turn.

SPOTTED:
The fortunate attention to detail extends to ivy vines growingon high.

Re: 40th 8/11/79: Rise

The Rubberband Man
COMMENT: A beautiful dance sequence in a classically styled set with nothing to ruin it

CHAMPAGNE: Spinning Rosie

OTHER LIKES: I’m lured by Lulu

SPOTTED: Nothing

Re: 40th 8/11/79: Rise

AC/PD wrote
CHAMPAGNE: Ancient wine poured from a clay jug - grapes trodden on by flighty Rosie.
Save me a glass!
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th 8/11/79: Rise

COMMENT: A dream I suspect several of us have had starring six beautiful but reluctant vestal virgins

CHAMPAGNE: A luring Lulu narrowly over a rampant Rosie

OTHER LIKES:  Those flimsy outfits and as ACPD notes all that serious worshipping

SPOTTED:  Temple Environmental Services Dept needs broom-refresher lessons

Re: 40th 8/11/79: Rise

Dancer
COMMENT: The most beautiful piece of music and equally a lovely routine.  Totally not expecting this at all even though I knew they would dance to it.  Loved the set and the costumes.

CHAMPAGNE: All of it.  Loved Rosie co-ercing to the screen and all the others enjoying themselves.  Herb Alpert made a disco classic here even if it was done accidentally.

SPOTTED:  A typical Autumnal day.  Felt sorry for the cleaners afterwards.