40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

Doc
04/11/76
Well they were supposed to be named on this show, but the competition proved to be too popular and they didn't have time to read all of the entries!

?????? danced to:
Steve Miller Band - Rock 'N' Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_bQgF8kwTk

SUMMARY: Foggy!
CHAMPAGNE: Nice enough but I think the cork stays in.
SPOTTED:
1) Gill's on and off smile that comes and goes in micro seconds.
2) Lulu looking a little surprised when Pauline walks in front of her about 2:20 in, she then watches her walk away.
DRESS: I like Sue's gold and silver combo.

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: One line comment.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from either routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in either routine?
DRESS: As they all have different outfits on, which do you prefer?

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

SUMMARY: Makes you wonder if to much dry-ice was a bit of a health issue in the 1970s. (oh sorry, just for a minute there i turned into an overly officious 21st century Health & Safety officer)

CHAMPAGNE: I like the Lulu solo, when she puts her hand near her head her hair falls forward onto her face. Id wager not enough Harmony hairspray was used.

SPOTTED: Its true about Gill's `turn on at the switch` smile. Again when they depart the routine, she looked nonchalant about her escape, but as soon as the path is clear she puts on that smile again.

DRESS: I think pink Rosie bagged the best outfit, though it wouldn't suit any of us.

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

Mikey
SUMMARY: Confident and assured performance, week 2 you say?
CHAMPAGNE: The wall of smoke is pretty impressive, but the pouty one grabs my attention throughout.
SPOTTED: The newbies go first, again
DRESS: Patti's orange outfit

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Put the fans on!
CHAMPAGNE: Sue's podium spin. In the fog. In heels.
SPOTTED: Lulu looks painfully thin. I know it was forty years ago, but I do worry.
DRESS: Pauline looks cute.

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

Champagne: A wall of Fog.

Spotted: A smile from Gill.

Dress: Both Sue and Patti look great in they Dresses.

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

SUMMARY:  Love at Third Sight

CHAMPAGNE:  The Pelvic Threesome (see the Boss's Header - sorry Doc I do like your pic too!)

SPOTTED:  Not through that thick dry icy fog, no

DRESS:  Patti's bewitching side-split outfit

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

Legsfan
SUMMARY: It's the multi-coloured TOTP dancers!
CHAMPAGNE: Sue's spin.
SPOTTED: This would have been the naming routine if the competition hadn't been so popular
DRESS: Gill's dress looks like a sweet wrapper.

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

PattiForPM wrote
DRESS:  Patti's bewitching side-split outfit
The shot from the side certainly has it's appeal!

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: A pea souper of a routine.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu’s solo.

SPOTTED: So much fog Lulu disappears at times, and someone creeps into shot on the right when Lulu’s doing her solo bit.

DRESS: Patti’s outfit is the sexiest.

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: Plenty of sparkle and a little too much fog
CHAMPAGNE: Any part where Patti is central to proceedings. She sparkled her way through this performance and totally owned it. She also had the best costume. It is weird how I didn't give her DOTD 3 years ago!
SPOTTED: Lulu looking up and presumably spotting herself in the monitor
DRESS: As above

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

SUMMARY: A rockin routine, and our girls do another marvelous job.

CHAMPAGNE: All the girls get a chance to play up to the camera.

SPOTTED: Was it the same brown coat man operating the smoke machine this week that was operating the stop start fins last week?

DRESS: Rosie in pink does it for me.

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

Dancer
SUMMARY: Lovely routine to a lovely song.

CHAMPAGNE: All the girls seem to be happy and enjoying themselves.

SPOTTED: Too much fog and Lulu lip synching slightly in her solo also Gill going from smiley to normal.

DRESS: Rosie's outfit was the best and her high kick complemented it.

Re: 40th Anniversary 04/11/76: Rock 'N' Me

AC/PD
SUMMARY : Fog and Co.
CHAMPAGNE : Farewell salutes ahead of the always smoking Patti.
SPOTTED : Partial Patti getting caught in the right hand frame during Lulu's spot.
DRESS : Pauline's butterfly hair-clip, Rosemary's top, Sue's skirt (not keen on the split in Rosemary's)