40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Doc
09/12/76

Legs and Co danced to:
Paul Nicholas - Grandma's Party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ru8f2zzIh30

SUMMARY: Can I get an invite!
CHAMPAGNE: More like a glass of Mackeson Stout.
SPOTTED:
1) Lulu just doesn't look old despite the make up.
2) Sue gives Paul a shove on the shoulder, you can see his surprised reaction.
3) Lulu catches Paul's eye when she walks past him, again his reaction can be seen.

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: One line comment.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

SUMMARY: Lovable grannies and one irksome grandson.

CHAMPAGNE: Not much one could really highlight, though i agree with Doc, it appeared to be a major task to age Lulu sufficiently.

SPOTTED: Only the 3 new girls wore glasses, Pauline, Rosie & Gill.

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

SUMMARY:  Fun Grannies outshine crud song and dodgy artist

CHAMPAGNE:  Grannies form a dance-ring behind Mr Nicholas

SPOTTED:  Most forward Pensioner award goes jointly to Patti and Pauline who might have goosed Mr Nicholas

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: Strangely sexy (when you know who's under those cunning disguises)

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie and Sue really getting down!

SPOTTED: Agreed, Lulu makes the most unconvincing granny of all time.

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Verisimilitudios oxygenarians partake in terpsichorean hootenanny.

CHAMPAGNE: More likely sweet sherry, and it’s made some grannies get over exuberated and flash their bloomers.

SPOTTED: Fashion wear for grannies has never changed for decades.

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: Grandmas' knees-up, kids' entertainer - nothing doing for Dads.

CHAMPAGNE: Not a drop in the house.

SPOTTED: Little fun in fun without close-ups.

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Mikey
SUMMARY: The best of the PN trilogy, using the term loosely of course

CHAMPAGNE: Its all completely ridiculous, Panto season was definitely upon us but the girls are good sports.

SPOTTED: Well 3 years on at least i can tell who's who now

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Legsfan
SUMMARY: Grandma's at that age, that's impossible!

CHAMPAGNE: I just like the routine in general.

SPOTTED: Didn't see anything unusual, well except for young ladies dressed up as grandmothers!

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

SUMMARY: The youngest looking grannies i've ever seen.

CHAMPAGNE: It's nice to see old dear's enjoying themselves!

SPOTTED: PN talks briefly to one of the girls during the musical break in the middle, i wonder what he said?

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY:  A light hearted support dance proving the girls were good sports.
CHAMPAGNE: I'll keep the bubbly for myself this time
SPOTTED: Nothing really. I'm not sure if they are grandma's or not now, but I think it would be good for Legs & Co to reunite with Paul Nicholas to do an updated version for Children In Need. Although they still don't look old enough, but Paul Nicholas does look like a granddad!

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Doc
Old Grey Whistler wrote
SPOTTED: Nothing really. I'm not sure if they are grandma's or not now, but I think it would be good for Legs & Co to reunite with Paul Nicholas to do an updated version for Children In Need. Although they still don't look old enough, but Paul Nicholas does look like a granddad!
Having been lucky enough to meet Pauline about a year ago I can confirm that she looks a lot younger than her actual age.
Still living in 1979

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

AC/PD
Doc wrote
Having been lucky enough to meet Pauline about a year ago I can confirm that she looks a lot younger than her actual age.
So true!
She must wash daily in Oil of Olay.

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

AC/PD
SUMMARY: One for the Grandads.
CHAMPAGNE: Have a port and lemon.
SPOTTED: Gill' nashers certainly didn't come from the NHS.
                Good to see Pauline took her set out for the routine (method dancing).

Re: 40th Anniversary 09/12/76: Grandma's Party

Dancer
SUMMARY: Awful song that a routine had to be made up for.  Kudos to Flick for dressing the girls into geriatrics.  Lulu still looked very young and beautiful here though.

CHAMPAGNE:  Would not say champagne - more like stout - grin and beret style.  Made good fun of the experience.

SPOTTED: Nothing really just that Lulu did not look overly old.  Still young and beautiful.