40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

15/07/76 part 1

Ruby Flipper danced to:
The Beatles  Back In The USSR
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3kkar4_ruby-flipper-back-in-the-u-s-s-r-totp-tx-15-07-1976_school

New No.1
Demis Roussos - The Roussos Phenonmenon EP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwwJiFzpfA

No.1: The King of the Kaftans only week at the top.
SUMMARY: First Yeti on stage since the Monster Mash routine.
CHAMPAGNE: Not really
SPOTTED: Barbed wire on the stage.

Comments for the following please
No.1:
SUMMARY:
CHAMPAGNE:
SPOTTED:

Not rated it yet? Then get over here now.

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

Legsfan
No.1: It's not that bad
SUMMARY: Quite a risky routine!
CHAMPAGNE: Cherry, Patti and Lulu at 1.50
SPOTTED: They must have been hot wearing those clothes in July!

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

No.1: The song reminds me of the classic BBC Play For Today `Abigail's Party`, when Alison Steadman sings it with a fag in her mouth.

SUMMARY: By no means a favourite Ruby routine, but its always good to hear the Beatles.

CHAMPAGNE: No and not even any Vodka.

SPOTTED: Noel's corny intro jokes.

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

No.1:  It  is that bad

SUMMARY:  Sergei, Zbigniew, Boris and the Babushkas ham it up

CHAMPAGNE:  Aeroflot backdraft ending

SPOTTED:  Nothing yet but I'm still looking....

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

Dancer
SUMMARY: A fair routine but the men looked terrible.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu still looking slightly nervous.

SPOTTED: Barbed wire on the end of the stage and I remember thinking they are promoting the ITV drama on the other channel.

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

Old Grey Whistler
No.1:  Not to my taste
SUMMARY:  One of my favourite RF routines and a good song from Lenin & McCartney
CHAMPAGNE: Phil's Cossack dancing
SPOTTED: It's snowing, there is ice on the ground and the girls are going to get frostbite in those costumes.

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

AC/PD
No.1: Visions of an airborne Cliff Michlemore flying Laker Airways to sample the Athenian Ouzo and local cuisine available on a Greek package holiday for a Holiday '76 report. He's on that plane.
SUMMARY: More lively, expressive and entertaining than expected behind the Iron Curtain
CHAMPAGNE: The cow-milking instrumental break with McCartney sitting in for Ringo on drums.
SPOTTED: Straight red for Floid's dangerous high kicking in the chorus line.

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

Mikey
No.1: I like it, sounds like nothing else, maybe thats a good thing for some.
SUMMARY: Inconsistency in the girls outfits aside (its snowing!), its a decent routine with plenty of variety
CHAMPAGNE: Lulu's sixties dancing segment
SPOTTED: Floyd collapsing too early at the end

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

The Rubberband Man
No. 1: It makes me cry.

SUMMARY: Top Marx and a red star for this revolutionary routine.

CHAMPAGNE: More likely vodka.

SPOTTED: An opportunity for a Russian joke – Russian Dolls…. So full of themselves

Re: 40th Anniversary 15/07/76: Back In The USSR

Thought id stumbled over another `spotted`, and what a spotted it would have been, but alas after a couple more plays it just didn't happen. As we know 15th July was Gavin's last night with Ruby Flipper and we all know it finished in bizarre fashion for him with his slipped halo covering his eyes in the 2nd routine of that show, HMBMAA.

Towards the end of this routine, BITU, he has a duet scene with Sue in which his head, adorned by his Cossack hat bobs up and down quite frantically. It does look as though his hat does move towards his eyes slightly and i was hoping for a second eye covering to go with the later one. But no, damn the man, it doesn't quite come forward enough. He departs stage right and im guessing the first thing he does off camera is straighten his hat.
RYAN