40th Anniversary: 16/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

40th Anniversary: 16/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

16/12/76

Legs and Co danced to:
The Stylistics - You'll Never Get To Heaven
http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=2217

SUMMARY:
 5 Angels saved by PVL Ken.
CHAMPAGNE: It sort of fizzes throughout.
SPOTTED: A bit of nifty evasive work by Sue to avoid a collision with a late running Lulu (1:39).

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: One line comment.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?

Re: 40th Anniversary: 19/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Heaven’s angelic bouncers refusing entry to love transgressors and miscreants.

CHAMPAGNE: More like spirits in the sky.

SPOTTED: The Halo MkII design is an improvement on RF’s Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel prototype

Re: 40th Anniversary: 19/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

SUMMARY: Heavens above, its Legs & Co minus one !

CHAMPAGNE: The close-ups at the end, especially Lulu's furrowed brow.

SPOTTED: I reckon Rosie performs an extra turn at 1.27 mins on the link Doc provides.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 19/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

SPOTTED: I reckon Rosie performs an extra turn at 1.27 mins on the link Doc provides.
Yes she does and I think it's an intentional move to allow her to come to the front of the group for the next part of the dance.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 19/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

SUMMARY:  5 Angels and 1 absent Goddess

CHAMPAGNE:  Both close-up segments are lovely

SPOTTED:  No, beige I think

Re: 40th Anniversary: 19/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

Everything'sRosie
SUMMARY: St Peter must love his job manning that gate.

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's wagged finger warning.

SPOTTED: No slipped halos with these angels.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 19/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

Legsfan
SUMMARY: These ladies are definitely angels!!

CHAMPAGNE: Gill's close up at 0.43

SPOTTED: Whoever wiped this isn't going to heaven!

Re: 40th Anniversary: 19/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

Mikey
SUMMARY: Some angel delight to complement this sugary overload from the Stylistics, one of those 'i can't believe it exists' routines.

CHAMPAGNE: The pearly gates in the clouds set is rather good

SPOTTED: Nothing of note

By the way Doc your title has the wrong date

Re: 40th Anniversary: 16/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

SUMMARY: Look, it's our beautiful Angels, thank Heaven this routine was saved!

CHAMPAGNE: Those close ups as the girls pass the camera.

SPOTTED: The dry ice man got this one spot on. In the first set of walk past close ups Rosie appears to be looking into the wrong camera, then corrects herself.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 16/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

GiLuRo wrote
SPOTTED: In the first set of walk past close ups Rosie appears to be looking into the wrong camera, then corrects herself.
Yes, a good spot that GiLuRo and as you say it looked like a case of wrong camera watching.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 16/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: A routine that feels more like a Pans People dance than Legs & Co. That's not a bad thing, but I don't think the Legs & Co style had totally evolved at this point.
CHAMPAGNE: The occasions when they move towards the camera and we get some good close ups.
SPOTTED The pearly gates and the halo's are both done well.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 16/12/76: You'll Never Get To Heaven

AC/PD
SUMMARY : A gift from above.
CHAMPAGNE : Pauline's believable "butter wouldn't melt" look.
SPOTTED : Rosemary's familiar hair colour is yet to lighten up.