40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

18/11/76
Another week and another wiped show, Popscene shows only 2 performances left, although if the listing is correct it's quite possible that 4 of the missing performances are still out there as they are listed as 'video'. The Legs routine from this week has mostly survived with 69 seconds being found on a dancers tape.

Legs and Co danced to:
Peter Frampton - Do You Feel Like We Do
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31XI0o013VU

SUMMARY: Would have been even nicer if the whole routine had been on the tape.
CHAMPAGNE: The close up on Gill.
SPOTTED: About 30 seconds in Pauline can be seen running off stage apparently to perform a solo in the missing part of the dance. I wonder if the director was supposed to stop the camera seeing her depart.

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: One line comment.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in either routine?

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

Everything'sRosie

SUMMARY: Oi, you kids...get off the stage!

CHAMPAGNE: Rosie's gorgeous hair.

SPOTTED: Early headbanger.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

Doc, some folk may get a bit confused with the `either routine` typo. I think you may be suffering from copy & paste syndrome, something im no stranger to either.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

SUMMARY:  (Sarcasm alert). Ooh look. They are dancing separately from each other surrounded by the audience who are kneeling down, so this cant be considered a proper dance routine either, according to some of the intelligentsia

CHAMPAGNE: I like the bit with Gill in close-up. In my best Robin Nash voice "shes a lovely looking lady`.

SPOTTED: I totally agree that we were not supposed to see Pauline hurry off.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

SPOTTED: I totally agree that we were not supposed to see Pauline hurry off.
and we nearly didn't (for a second time that is).

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

SUMMARY:  Skimpily-clad swirling showgirls

CHAMPAGNE:  Gill's beauty

SPOTTED: I wonder if those stairs on the right came into the performance at all

 One other question if I might.  How long was the single version of this song and can anyone say which part of the total Dance we might therefore have?   I know the Producers sometimes cut and pasted versions but perhaps someone has an idea.  Sorry if this has been answered before but I can't recall or find it if it has.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

VintageVideos
The single version was 7.19 mins (14.15 mins on the album).

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: An incomplete routine that leaves you desperately wanting to see the rest.

CHAMPAGNE: Gill looking good.

SPOTTED: A drum kit.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

Suefan

Champagne:  Gill in close-up!

Spotted:  See summary.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

SUMMARY: A lovely routine by Legs & Co
CHAMPAGNE: Gill's close-up
SPOTTED: Another Wiped great routine.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

Mikey
SUMMARY: Now that really is a down with the audience routine, their everywhere
CHAMPAGNE: wafty waving white things
SPOTTED: Golden two pieces

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: It's nice that we have this surviving footage however I suspect that the best parts of this routine are still missing.
CHAMPAGNE: Probably would have been Pauline's solo but sadly the champers will have to stay on ice.
SPOTTED: I think Pauline has admitted previously on this site that her being spotted running off the stage was most likely due to an error on her part rather than a fault with the camera direction.  She may just be being magnanimous however.

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

SUMMARY: A fantastic routine that we were lucky enough to get after it had been wiped.

CHAMPAGNE: That close up of Gill towards the end.

SPOTTED: After Gill's close up moment Rosie seems to bound back onto the dance floor from the right a second or two late, could she have been on her way back from a cheeky fag break!

Re: 40th Anniversary 18/11/76: Do You Feel Like We Do

AC/PD
SUMMARY: Oh, to be a member of the Legs & Co. Harem...
CHAMPAGNE: Gill, more hypnotic than a cobra.
SPOTTED: A notably vast Female to Male audience ratio.