Quantcast

40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Doc
23/09/76

Ruby Flipper danced to:
Rick Dees and his cast of idiots - Disco Duck
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNmdIt8OUgM

SUMMARY: Dodgy song rescued by the Flippers
CHAMPAGNE: Nice outfits (no not the duck ones)
SPOTTED:
Lulu goes the other way!

Is that Tony's egg behind the girl on the left?

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: No need to come up with one for these unless you want to!
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from either routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in either routine?

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

SUMMARY: If ever a second part of a routine was miles worse than the first half, then this is it.

CHAMPAGNE: I quite like the bit were all 6 dancers are in a line and they nail the move to perfection, just before Floid turns into a duck.

SPOTTED: Mostly stuff in the crowd, like the girl giving dirty looks to the camera towards the end and when it looks like Floid is about to headbutt another girl when he transforms back again.
But i always look out for this middle aged Mr Bean style character doing a pogo dance. I think hes on day release from the nuthouse.

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Doc
Another SPOTTED
Looking at the top picture in the first post there seems to be some inconsistency with the dancers lead leg.
Left leg: Sue, Floid, Lulu
Right leg:  Phil, Patti
Unknown: Cherry

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Mikey
SUMMARY: Ridiculous disco cash in brings surprisingly watchable routine
CHAMPAGNE: The return of the 'You should be dancing' outfits, with added Cherry.
SPOTTED: The weirdest looking duck ever

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

I've watched that bit in slow motion and i cant work out the leading leg bit either, its not a Left, Right, Left, Right type pattern you might expect.

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Terrible record. Should be called Disco Duff. I think Ruby Flipper just get away with this.
CHAMPAGNE: When Floyd turns into the duck.
SPOTTED: Two blokes stubbornly refuse to join in with the mass pogo at the end.

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

SUMMARY:  Nice performance by Flick and her cast of great dancers

CHAMPAGNE: Exuberant ladies in those lovely skimpy outfits again

 SPOTTED: Apart from people turning into and out of ducks, nope nothing unusual here!

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Dancer
SUMMARY:  Lovely performance to an equally fantastic dance record which was a very energetic dance.  Just a pity it did not make it on the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack.

CHAMPAGNE: All of it really.

SPOTTED: The poor girl in the audience looking scared when Floyd when onto head butt her.

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Doc
Dancer wrote
SPOTTED: The poor girl in the audience looking scared when Floyd when onto head butt her.
Not exactly Rab C Nesbitt, but she did look rather concerned for a second or so. The other girls thought it was very funny.

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Dancer
The audience in this did look a bit "sulky" though especially at the end.

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Gorgeous Daze
SUMMARY: Crackers and quackers.

CHAMPAGNE: Those creme de la creme of RF outifts.

SPOTTED: Tinsel in September. Who says Christmas comes earlier nowadays?

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

Old Grey Whistler
SUMMARY: A good dance which descends into chaos, not surprisingly considering the song.
CHAMPAGNE: Not really champagne, but I think Floid handled his transformation well.
SPOTTED: During the intro it looks as though Tony Blackburn has the Pot Black logo over his left shoulder.

Re: 40th Anniversary 23/09/76: Disco Duck

AC/PD
SUMMARY : One for the Infants Birthday Party playlist.
CHAMPAGNE : The arrival of the ducklings.
SPOTTED : The green shapes affixed to Sue's shorts don't look as if they'd stay on beyond one complete wash cycle.