40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

Doc
25/12/76

Christmas No.1
Johnny Mathis - When A Child Is Born (Soleado)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmuXwMq5tec
(it really was 1976 despite what TOTP2 says)

Legs and Co danced to:
Hank Mizell - Jungle Rock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIWQ6f_LIK4

No.1:  I still quite like this even after all this time.
SUMMARY: A bit of a disorganised mess at the end but the girls seem to be enjoying it.
CHAMPAGNE: Tony Stew, no need something stronger to wash that down.
SPOTTED:
1) Tony seems most perturbed by the lack of steam coming from his cauldron and can be seen wafting it several times
2) What's the guy in the headphones, to right at the back, up to?
3) The black bear misses the cue and only starts dancing enthusiastically after noticing the camera is on them.
4) Pauline can be seen talking to the grey thing and trying to encourage it to do something.
5) Lulu talks to the animals, well the cheetah anyway.
6) Right at the end Sue can seen sampling the Tony stew whilst Pauline pokes him.
7) I wonder if it was the same lady in the alligator suit for both Jungle Rock dances?

Comments for the following please
No.1: One line comment.
SUMMARY: One line comment.
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from the routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in the routine?

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

No.1: Just another record that one gets sick of hearing around this time if the year.

SUMMARY: Organized chaos.

CHAMPAGNE: Any time one of our dancers can be spotted chatting to an animal !

SPOTTED: Lip reading required with Lulu at 2.22mins on Doc's clip, i always thought she was talking to Patti, but eye contact doesn't suggest so.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

The Rubberband Man
No.1: A good song for Christmas but I’m a bit exhausted from all the many times I’ve heard it.

SUMMARY: Korowai styled supper dance.

CHAMPAGNE: Recommended Brut complements Blackburn Stew the best.

SPOTTED: The camel that will reappear in a 1977 routine.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

No.1:  Pleasant but a bit tedious

SUMMARY: Too many players on the field and the food is spoiled

CHAMPAGNE:  DJ in the Pot

SPOTTED: TB pets the Bactrian and later, quite justifiably, I think it tries to spit at him.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

Everything'sRosie

No. 1: The Mulligan and O'Hare cover was loads better.

SUMMARY: Polished Christmas Day entertainment.

CHAMPAGNE: Lulu hides behind a smile, several times.

SPOTTED: A rhino in a tu-tu. And Patti appears to be dancing with Martin Keown.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

Doc
Everything'sRosie wrote
SPOTTED: And Patti appears to be dancing with Martin Keown.
Ouch!

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

Legsfan
No.1: A very peaceful song.
SUMMARY: It was doomed from the beginning.
CHAMPAGNE: Legs dancing round the cauldron.
SPOTTED: The extras especially the bear weren't good at keeping their cues.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

PattiForPM wrote
SUMMARY: Too many players on the field and the food is spoiled

CHAMPAGNE:  DJ in the Pot
The problem with eating Tony would be..... too much sauce

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

Mikey
No.1: Sombre xmas toon, although I like the talky bit in the middle
SUMMARY: It was all going so well until the gatecrashing animals showed up, good old xmas fun though, can't complain.
CHAMPAGNE: The tribal 'pot dance' for the first minute is actually rather good
SPOTTED: The dancing bear is a right old camera hog, what does he think this is Britain's Got Talent?

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

No 1: One of the better Christmas records.

SUMMARY: A bit of crazy chaotic fun, at least the next time our girls are in the jungle the animals are tame, but the fruit could be bigger!

CHAMPAGNE: Tony Blackburn not knowing which way to turn.

SPOTTED: Gill's awkward laugh at 0.35, as if to say, 'What the hell's going on here?'

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

Old Grey Whistler
No.1: It's quite good. Not as irritating as many Xmas songs.
SUMMARY: It's bonkers but quite enjoyable all the same.
CHAMPAGNE: No specific moment but I like the general party atmosphere.
SPOTTED: That alligator would make a lousy handbag.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

Dancer
SUMMARY: Annoying.  Seems to be a rushed routine. Loathe TB in the smoking cauldron.
CHAMPAGNE: Outfits.
SPOTTED: Lulu does not seem to be lip synching here.  She seems to be talking to herself or maybe counting her steps so she does not fall behind.

Re: 40th Anniversary: 25/12/76: Jungle Rock

AC/PD
No.1: Can't really get past the intro.
SUMMARY: The Legs Tribe in their bare necessities cooking up corn.
CHAMPAGNE: Agitated Blackburn wondering whrre the rescue party is
SPOTTED: Lulu calling out "Pat !", possibly to her colleague when entering her line of vision.
                Pauline gesticulating to encourage other animals to enter the fray...whilst holding hands with a Walt Disney
                hippo in a tutu (2:20)