Quantcast

40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Doc
26/08/76 main routine

Ruby Flipper danced to:
James and Bobby Purify - Morning Glory
http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=1220

SUMMARY: One of the best Flipper routines!
CHAMPAGNE: Realising that there are no see through jodhpurs.
SPOTTED: I think everyone noticed Cherry's outfit malfunction. I was rather confused by Noel's see through jodhpur remark. I'm guessing that he was referring to the see through skirt that Lulu was wearing. It's quite difficult to see, probably because it's see through!

Comments for the following please
SUMMARY: No need to come up with one for these unless you want to!
CHAMPAGNE: Favorite moment from either routine.
SPOTTED: See anything unusual in either routine?

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

VintageVideos
SUMMARY: The best Ruby Flipper routine!
CHAMPAGNE: All of it, but I would name Patti in "Someone came along, stole away the night, that's all right!"
SPOTTED: Lulu and Cherry wearing identical boots. Incidentally, the design of those boots seems to be the same as in Best Disco in Town and the Rubberband Man
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

SUMMARY: Yeah its a real top Ruby routine, but the fashion police may have to be called for Phil.

CHAMPAGNE: The Patti finger wagging moment is an obvious choice, but i really love the line-up at the end when they start to move again after the 2 second static pause.

SPOTTED: A long standing gripe for me is Lulu in full flow at the minute mark, but its rudely curtailed by the sight of Phil and his pink shirt obscuring her, though not his fault.

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

The Rubberband Man
SUMMARY: Good song, routine and costumes.

CHAMPAGNE: Cherry’s expression that follows the scarf over the face mishap.

SPOTTED: Cherry must have been somewhere nice on holiday as she has a lovely suntan.

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Dancer
SUMMARY: Lovely song, lovely old fashioned routine well interpreted but terrible outfits.

CHAMPAGNE: Cherry and the scarf.  She had a lovely look on her face and gave it her all.

SPOTTED: Ridiculous outfit for Phil.  Patti went wrong at the back and pulled back a little bit.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

SUMMARY: I agree with Dancer a good old fashioned sing a long and dance

CHAMPAGNE:  Has Cherry ever looked more delectable?

SPOTTED: I disagree with Dancer as Patti was close to perfect.  In cooking terms the ceiling piece is a deconstructed Xmas tree

This was one of the first routines I ever videoed from TOTP2 and played it over and over again and I am positive that Patti went out to quickly and resolved herself.  When I switch the TV back on I will rewatch this one.  I think the outfit saved her as it was cumbersome.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Dancer wrote
  Patti went wrong at the back and pulled back a little bit.
Your a harsh critic Dancer. Ive watched this routine now a couple of times looking specifically for your Patti error. On the link that Doc has provided, i agree she does look momentarily undecided for a split second around 1 minute 11 second mark, but quickly regains control. But its the most minor of mishaps and very hard to notice unless one is looking closely.

It is the only one I watched again and again Ryan because I was celebrating at the time that I had actually got my first Ruby Flipper/dance routine.  It was such a lovely feeling and my boss took the pee out of me next morning when I told him.  I was worried he was going to ask for another PA.  I have never watched the others as frequent so I presume the more you watch, the more potential errors you find.  Patti was still lovely in this though.  She was so beautiful.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

PattiForPM
I believe you Dancer but I'm still having trouble seeing it.  Do you mean the 1:11 time Ryan mentions on the blog version (just after the Phil hides Lulu crime) because that does look very subtle

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Dancer
I will go and put the TV on again and watch it.  Not sure of timings though but will let you know where.  It was very subtle but considering I watched it about 60 times in a week I could do everyone's routine.  Be back shortly.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Doc
There's honour at stake here!

Well it's so subtle that I can't see it. She seems to do everything that she was supposed to do.

Just watched it three times again.  I cannot give exact times as my DVD timer stays the same on each track.  It does not run on.  Cherry loses time a little bit, as does Patti but Sue makes the mistake by nearly coming forward too soon as she raises her arms in the air.  Irrespective it is a lovely dance and song.  Loved watching it again.  Wish they would re-show the 1976 series.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Yes like i say, its a split second thing, but from my viewpoint she does make very slight error in judgement at the time i highlighted. But admittedly, if Dancer had never mentioned it, i wouldn't have noticed it as i wouldn't be looking for it (its not like ive not watched the routine about 100 times). Also, if we scrutinised routines that closely, we could find lots of errors. Its very difficult to get a fault free routine, but admittedly, some of the later routines from Legs & Co are simply perfection.

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Doc
The SPOTTED section isn't really for minor timing errors. If it's really obvious like in Silly Love Songs then that's fair game, slight errors are not.

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Exactly.  No one person is perfect timing in dance so it really was in my opinion human error.  I would never scrutinise any other routine like I did with this one, it was just my first and I had to wait a long time for the second routine to be shown as they did not show the dancers every week.  It was only public pressure they relented and became more liberal.  This still is one of the most beautiful routines though.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Doc wrote
Yes but surely you would encourage any correspondence on things SPOTTED minor or not. I thought the whole point of this thread was to revisit the routines and come up with talking points, exactly like Dancer has done. We dont want to stifle discussion wondering if our observations qualify or not !

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

The Rubberband Man
I don't see Patti doing anything wrong....  Do I need to go to Specsavers?

Re: 40th Anniversary 26/08/76: Morning Glory

Doc
Craig Revel Horwood said there was a minor timing error.