47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

Doc
Evidence suggest that 47 years ago Pan's People were probably wearing these wigs and dancing to Juicy Lucy - Who Do You Love. Unfortunately 3 pictures appear to be all that we have.

Click here for all three pictures and the evidence trail.
http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/1-Juicy-Lucy-Who-Do-You-Love-26-03-70-Probable-td4100771.html

Any comments welcome!

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

PattiForPM
Did you just buy a DeLorean Doc?

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

While some of us have access to the film that was shown 4 weeks later (I guess it was featured on one of Ryan's GMs), I presume that this was by far the better version. Pan's in coloured wigs - have we ever seen that before/again (Monster Mash aside)? Surely there must have been a lot of head-banging in this routine.
Yes that one's high on my imaginary want-list.
Vin

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

Doc
I'd rather this had survived.

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

PattiForPM wrote
Did you just buy a DeLorean Doc?
I'd much rather discovered a huge cache of lost routines from the first half of the 70's.

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

Mikey
This was the Easter show i believe (Easter Sunday was 29th March that year), you can see Easter egg designs painted on the stage. No idea why Jimmy was dressed as a chicken, Easter bunny would have more appropriate. Great photos though.

I guess the video version might never see the light of day because Jimmy is quite prominent in it.

Bagsy the Delorean next

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

VintageVideos wrote
Pan's in coloured wigs - have we ever seen that before/again
Crackerjack, or do you mean just on TOTPs?

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

VintageVideos
Yes I was referring to TOTP dance routines. But thanks for the reminder.
Vin

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

PansLegs
These are the same outfits used in Ein Lied für Amsterdam for the Clapping Song aren't they. Only without the wigs and knee ribbons.

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

That pic is so 70s it's almost abusing the privilege

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

PansLegs wrote
These are the same outfits used in Ein Lied für Amsterdam for the Clapping Song aren't they. Only without the wigs and knee ribbons.
Good spot! The arm attachments, wigs, neckbands and boots are missing.
If my dates are correct the main outfits would have been reused for the Who Do You Love performance. Maybe the hand streamers were cut in half and attached to the boots and arm bands. Money saving at its best!

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

PansLegs
Everything'sRosie wrote
That pic is so 70s it's almost abusing the privilege
There's a reasonable dose of 60s there as well.

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

PansLegs
Doc wrote
Maybe the hand streamers were cut in half and attached to the boots and arm bands. Money saving at its best!
Good spot yourself. Yes, BBC penny pinching... I wouldn't be surprised!

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

CoffeeThing
Help, it's the Hair Bear Bunch!
This week, I are be mostly hanging in there

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

Doc
Oooo, Oooo, Oooo, Mr Peevley.

Re: 47th: 26/03/70: Who Do You Love

Legsfan
SUMMARY: Woah that's a funky look by Pan's People.

CHAMPAGNE: The photo.

SPOTTED: Missing from the BBC Archives
Devoted to Pan's People & Legs & Co.