Quantcast

5. Unknown Routine from April/May 1972

Unknown routine from April/May 1972

Available Evidence:
A picture of Mungo Jerry on the same set exists dated 1973.
The date is wrong as Andi is there!
If 1972 it may be Ramsey Lewis - Wade In The Water from 04/05/72, the other MJ appearance on 20/04/72 shows no PP performance, but there are 2 crowd dancing entries! (David Cassidy - Could It Be Forever and Ringo Starr  Back Off Boogaloo).
The outfits are probably wrong for Wade in the Water.

Re: 5. Unknown Routine from April/May 1972

Doc
Evidence trail
Mungo Jerry on the same set.
The Silver Arrow was common throughout 1972.

Re: 5. Unknown Routine from April/May 1972

JEZ
I think its safe to say doc that the top PIC isn't wade in the water as I remember someone once saying this routine was done using chiffon and waving it around as a jez guess ,back off boogaloo or possibly t Rex debra

Re: 5. Unknown Routine from April/May 1972

Doc
I was leaning towards Back off Boogaloo but it was just a hunch.

Re: 5. Unknown Routine from April/May 1972

Mikey
Here is another pic from 20-4, Clodagh Rodgers

I guess an argument against 'Back Off Boogaloo' could be its high position at 3 that week, just a thought.