5 from 81 (Legs & Co only)

Prediction time again. What routines do you think will do well during 1981. I realize this thread isn't for everyone, but i hope a few of the stalwarts, as well as others who may have took a peep into 1981 will have a go at this. Later in the year when we are all done, i will use the Legs comments score ratings to see how we did in terms of our predictions. Obviously posting later or post updating after the first couple of weeks in January would nullify you on this, so get them in before that, cheers.

In no particular order, here are my five predictions (hope i do better than last year).

Ai No Corrida--For obvious reasons. What about those costumes !!

I Aint Gonna Stand For It--This is a long standing fav of mine. Im not that much a fan of Stevie, but i really like this track. The costumes and wigs are superb, as is the lithesome and supple Patti who takes centre stage.

Jones Versus Jones--Great role playing here, lots of funny expressions on the girls faces.

Walk Right Now-- Each of the girls gets to `walk` out and swirl their hair about and shake a bit of ass in those little green shorts.

Hooked On Classics--Okay, its unusual music, but boy do Legs & Co nail this. With the party spirit in full swing theres lots to keep the viewer happy, with the robotic dancing a must see.

So how about your 5 from 81, i hope you can join in.

Re: 5 from 81

Mikey
As usual i'm just picking my favourites, seeing as this is such a winning strategy

Stray Cats - Stray Cat Strut
Lobo - Caribbean Disco Show
Barry Manilow - Bermuda Triangle
Quincy Jones - Ai No Correda
Ottawan - Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart)

Honourable mentions though to Hold on Tight, Razzamatazz and Whats On Your Mind, all very good

Re: 5 from 81

Here are my 5 predictions for '81
Once in a lifetime
Can you feel it
Wordy Rappinghood
Startrax Club Disco
Its a love thing

Re: 5 from 81

Darn it, i forgot Wordyrappinghood. Good call Legsfan.

Re: 5 from 81

Gorgeous Daze
As is my want I've saved most of 81 to look forward to and unwrap as the year progresses. Two I have watched are the very different watery delights of Bermuda Triangle and A Rainy Night In Georgia, and I expect both to do very well in the ratings. ARNIG really really oughta result in a DOTD clean sweep, but we've said that before...

Re: 5 from 81

My 5

no order at all

Ai no Corrida

You'll Never Know

Lately

One Day in your Life
 (shredded skirts/V2)

I Ain't Gonna Stand For it

runners up - Razzamazztazz, Wordy rappinghood, A Rainy night, Bermuda Triangle, Hands Up

Re: 5 from 81

In no particular order:
Stray Cat Strut
Ai No Corrida
Hold On Tight
One Day In Your Life(04.06.81)
You'll Never Know

Re: 5 from 81

Same here, Mr Daze.
Makes absolute sense not to take an advanced look at all the dance routines to come but wait until they arrive chronologically on BBC4 throughout the year, with the routines from skipped editions viewed in the appropriate gaps. Otherwise it's like buying food for Christmas and scoffing the lot in a single day.

Thus far, I've seen about 7 from '81 so from those I'll pick the following:

I Ain't Gonna Stand For It
Lately
Can You Feel It
Ai No Corrida
Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart)

Sadly, I saw Happy Birthday and The Birdie Song a few months back and they most definitely won't make the cut. Talk about a relegated role...

Re: 5 from 81

The Rubberband Man
It's the same for me, Daze and PD.
I have not seen any Legs & Co routines from 1981, and I am really looking forward to seeing them for the first time throughout this year. It's what makes watching the TOTPs repeats so special.

Re: 5 from 81

For you guys it must be like having Christmas presents, but choosing not to open them on the day itself, instead opting to open them over the space of the year. I admire you blokes in a way, but temptation would get the better of me. Im also slightly envious having B***** all to look forward to having seen the lot many times over.

Re: 5 from 81

SuPaLu
'Can You Feel It' is one dance which i prefer the one by Zoo at Xmas 1981(it was removed from my YouTube so no link).
Anita is in it,so too Julie from Tight Fit,and another excellent dancer called Julie Brown who can be seen here with Wesley dancing to 'There It Is'. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j2q5L_GI80

Re: 5 from 81

I've only looked at the routines that are not going to be reshown, I'm waiting for the retransmission for the others.

Three that really stand out on the banned list are:
Bermuda Triangle
Ai No Corrida
Hands Up
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: 5 from 81

SuPaLu
'Hands Up' is repeated on 01.10.81 according to Popscene so that will be good to see on BBC4

Re: 5 from 81

Doc
Only a partial repeat according to Suefan's list.

Some of the dance appears to have been chopped off on the repeat, don't know how much. Even so you've made my day as we'll get a decent version without those awful TOTP2 captions.
Sandy Borne Appreciation Society

Re: 5 from 81

Like some of the other guys I hav'nt seen all the routines from 81, and I'm also trying to save watching them until the BBC4 repeats, but of the ones I do know the list would be

Bermuda Triangle
Chi Mai
Razzamatazz
Can You Feel It
Lately(sadly Pauline's last dance)

Re: 5 from 81

Ai No Corrida - I no defence
Don't Stop the Music - Kilts finally find their place
Lay All Your Love on Me - Best ever use of a Chapel
Hold on Tight - Frantic brilliance
Hands Up -  Legs in the Wild West

Re: 5 from 81

My predictions for 1981 routines are these:

1) Ai No Corrida: Just a great routine and as you say Ryan them costumes WoW.

2) Walk Right Now: another great routine, and the ladies look great in them shorts.

3) Stray Cat Strut: Another good routine, has a nice comic bit by Sue and Patti.

4) Razzamatazz: The ladies look fantastic in this routine.

5) Bermuda Triangle: Another good routine by our four ladies.

And some runner up Hooked on Classic, Jones Vs Jones, Hold on Tight.

Re: 5 from 81

Some excellent dance routines to look forward to and I would expect these five to feature well in the ratings:
Up The Hill Backwards, Ai No Corrida, Razzamatazz, Hold on Tight, and You'll Never Know.

Re: 5 from 81

Andeebee
Not sure if Ryan has allowed my final choice of being "I'll Find my Way Home"