50 years ago?

Doc
This week is possibly the 50th anniversary of the oldest known surviving picture of Pan's People on TOTP. It's either from 24th Oct 1968 or 28th Nov 1968 and it's them rehearsing for a performance of The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Either way it's a noteworthy anniversary, shame there's no footage left of the resulting dance.

Re: 50 years ago?

VintageVideos
Interesting you mention that, as I realized earlier this week that the Beat Club performances are also 50 years old this month. In fact, there is quite a number of surviving Pan's performances from 1968, just nothing from TOTP.

Re: 50 years ago?

Mikey
I thought this was the oldest

Re: 50 years ago?

Doc
Possibly, but we don't know the date. Chances are that it was within a month or so of the other one. The outfits were certainly used in 1968 on another show.

Re: 50 years ago?

CoffeeThing
Great photos. It's such a shame the footage is lost.

Re: 50 years ago?

Everything'sRosie
I'd love to see that GB&U routine, looks really cheesy. In a good way, of course. Do we know what song the girls were dancing to in the second photo?

Re: 50 years ago?

Doc
No, it would be easy to tell the date if we did.

Re: 50 years ago?

The first picture is from 24th October, its on shutterstock with a couple of related images, shown below. Seems this was the 250th Episode.

The picture of Dee Dee, Flick and Ruth i thought was from around May of 68 (ie their first performance as Pans People), in the book it talks about those three dancing on the show instead of the Gojos. I've never been able to match the background to another act though.