69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

MADMAX
I would guess this would have to be the most raunchy number "PANS" ever did. It must have pushed the limits to be on T.V. back in those days. That woman would have had a field day complaining if she was around then. The routine seemed fairly plain, gyrating around on the blankets. The girls are about as skimpily dressed as you can get. As hard as it is to watch, (yeah right MM) I have done so more times than I can remember! ( just watch the blood pressure!) How can I not give it a "10" !

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

Old Grey Whistler
Thanks to MadMax, Legsfan, and a warm welcome to the Misc Comments section to Hanway2. Always nice to get a hat trick of tens. I don't think that has ever happened before in this section. Regarding DOTD, I am quite happy for people to nominate one if they wish but I decided not to keep a score of them. Being quite lazy I wanted to keep the number of tables I had to update to a minimum!
By the way Legsfan, YMG has the whole concert available on the OFTD blog.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

Mikey
This one is certainly a different tone to the fairly tame rest of the show, ramping up the raunch to probably as far as an early evening show would allow.

I guess this could really be classed as the 'Louise' performance, not having a separate solo, she is right up front here, and although Dee Dee is there she is quite distant for a lot of the time and this is definitely playing to her strengths as (perhaps) Pans most sexy performer. All in all an entertaining part of the show, my only slight criticism is not with the music but the lighting is very strong here (shown well in PansLegs excellent shots), surely the idea of candles is to create a low light mood?, although perhaps the reason for this is that it wouldn't film so well otherwise.

A lot of high scores given so far, but for me its a 7/10.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

VintageVideos
After my relatively low rating (7/10 as well), I had not expected this performance would receive another 7 from a genuine Pan's People fan, even if for different reasons. Interesting that two of the biggest Pan's fans around here don't seem to rate this one as highly as others.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

Old Grey Whistler
VintageVideos wrote
It's possible that some of us may have been blinded by the costumes but it's not a bad way to lose your sight - much more pleasant than cataracts!

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

Mikey
I do like it, the outfits are really nice but i think Ryan summed it up when he said 'its no great feat of choreography'.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

PansLegs
Mikey wrote
I do like it, the outfits are really nice but i think Ryan summed it up when he said 'its no great feat of choreography'.
Try doing similar movements for a couple of minutes and I think you'll find it's pretty strenuous on the knees and legs, so I wouldn't say it was easy.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

PattiforPM
In defence mode I think the choreography, while reasonably simple in design, is effective, well-performed and visually stunning.  I would point you Pans fundamentalists back to Make It With You, which is also somewhat static, not highly complex but very very popular and rightly so in my opinion.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

PansLegs wrote
Try doing similar movements for a couple of minutes and I think you'll find it's pretty strenuous on the knees and legs, so I wouldn't say it was easy.
Sure if the two girls in question were say our age, kneeling down for a couple of minutes whilst performing dance movements would be difficult to say the least. But we are talking about two professional dancers in their 20s, at the peak of their powers, who are kneeling down on a cushioned area and performing a dance routine which lasts for around 150 seconds. I would have thought it to be as simple a dance routine as you can get.

I wasn't really talking about the actual execution of the dance movements anyway when i said 'its no great feat of choreography', i was simply referring to the dance movements the two girls are being asked to undertake. Hardly a tricky routine by any stretch.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

AC/PD
Praise be to both Louise and Dee Dee for portraying absolute sexiness and using moralistic restraint for accentuation purposes and without the need to resort to overt tawdriness. What also works is the difference in facial expressions - one displays a welcoming smile, the other zones out. With legs folded, I guess there's only so much range afforded to top half movements and rotations without toppling onto the surrounding cushions. Although the odd wrist rotation would not have gone amiss, the harem effect is a strong one and the choice of Louise and Dee Dee is the correct one in terms of identical body shape (perhaps Cherry and Ruth are performing a similar show in the nest tent down.) The music choice is  a slightly watered down imaginary collaboration between Hendrix and James Brown - indeed, I half expect to hear The Godfather od Soul at any moment.
Mikey does have a point about how lower lighting would have been welcome but although it would aid the atmosphere, the fact the performance took place in a studio for a TV special (dingy old sets back then) puts paid to that.

Re: 69 FREEDOM SPECIAL - PANS PEOPLE IN CONCERT

Doc
Massively raunchy, almost like a Pan's People fan's dream sequence (except there wouldn't just be 2 of them), however as had been said earlier the Pan's People in Concert routines are let down by the arty music used. Had this been all 5 and an appropriate iconic song had been chosen the potential for something really outstanding was there. That said they look awesome so I'll just deduct 1 for the boring music. 9/10.