Quantcast

A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

 Hi to you all,
  Right to kick off this cool new forum heres a `just for fun topic`. I hope you join in.

  We`ve all heard of supergoups , well what about foming an imaginary supertroupe. Heres what i propose then. Just to make it harder you can only select 5 dancers for your troupe, not the usual 6. One of these 5 must be team captain. You must also select 2 reserves. Also which song from pop history hould they dace to.

   Heres my troupe then.

  1st Sue Menhenick (pp,rf,lc,even zoo !) Team captain, no surpise there then.
  2nd Mary Corpe (pp)
  3rd Gill Clark (lc)
  4th Dee Dee Wilde (pp)
  5th Cherry Gillespie (pp,rf)
  1st reserve Patti hammond (rf,lc)
  2nd reserve good old Babs Lord (pp)
  The song i`d choose is `Crazy Horses` by the Osmonds. I`d even suggest costumes but i better not go there.
  It was a close call between Cherry and Patti. but i guess Patti would top most peoples chart. If my list was based on dancing ability alone Patti would be there at No 2 on mine. But i`m afraid my list is a typical blokes eye candy list. I hope a few of you write in, then i will work out final scoreboard.
  Please take part.

  Cheers Ryan.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

PattiForPM
Good idea Ryan.  OK I'll play, although you leaving out Patti is tantamount to treason in my book.  Here's my supertroupers:

1. Patti Hammond  RF/L&C (who else could fill #1 spot?)
2. Sue Mehenick  PP/RF/L&C (Although I considered gaining revenge by leaving her out she's just too good)
3. Cherry Gillespie PP/RF
4. Louise Clarke  PP
5. Gillian Clarke  L&C

Reserves:  Lulu Cartwright  RF/L&C   and  Dee Dee Wilde  PP  (considered including Floyd but only for a millisecond)

Song:  Let's Stick Together by Bryan Ferry

This lot would be so hot your TV would melt

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Patti'sdaughter
Hi Everyone,

Well my super dance troope would be:-

1.     My Mum (Patti of course. who else would be the team captain! my Mum is the better dancer and sexier by far.) RF & L&C.
2.     Lulu Oliver. (Cartwright)  RF & L&C.
3.     Ruth Persons.  PP and manger of L&C.
4.     Gill Clarke.  L&C.
5.     Louise Clarke.  PP.
           1st reserve.
Mary Coupe.  PP.
Cherry Gilepese (cant spell her last name sorry)  PP & RF.

The name of the song's would have to be The Real Thing's  You To Me Are Everything.  As I think it is a fantastic songs.

amy
amy x

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

lulupatti&sue
My short list for my supertroupers.

1.    Lulu Cartwright. as team captain.  RF/L&C.  (Though it was a very close call between Lulu & Patti)
2.    Patti Hammond. RF/L&C.
3.    Gillian Clark.  L&C.
4.    Mary Coupe. PP.
5.    Dee Dee Wide. PP.

My reserves are :-

1.    Rosie Hetherington.  L&C.
2.    Sue Menhenick.  PP/RF/L&C.

The song would be :- Dance To The Music by Sly & The Family Stone.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Pan's Ruby Legs
I'm afraid I can't choose, so in true Legs & Co style, I'd have six super troupers, who would have to be:

1. Gill Clarke (LC) as team captain
2. Patti Hammond (RF, LC)
3. Mary Corpe (PP)
4. Sue Menhenick (PP, RF, LC, Zoo)
5. Louise Clark (PP)
6. Anita Mahadervan (LC)

Reserves:
7. Cherry Gillespie (PP)
8. Ruth Pearson (PP)

And the song would have to be "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Cool stuff guys, thanks for your intrest. By the way,i should have my blogger account started 2moro night.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

PattiForPM
OK my five (Patti, Sue, Cherry, Louise and Gill) are going to do a second performance to "Love to Love You Baby" by Donna Summer and I'm trying to think of their outfits and my brain just exploded....

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

 My costumes would be cirrca 1972 to match with my song. I`m no fashion expert but here goes. They would wear those cheesecloth blouse things that need to be knotted just above the navel, and obviously leave that area showing. They would have those slightly off white hipster trousers, that are dead tight in the right places towards the top, the flair out at the knee 70`s stylee. Both of these garments would need to a size to small for affect. What about some nice cowgirl boots to complete the outfit. The song i chose would indeed get the girls puffing and panting a bit. I think i better bring this message to a close, as im off for a cold shower. Phew !
   Any other costume suggestions.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Suefan
Well my super group would be:

Sue (team captain)
Lulu
Gill
Cherry
Flick

with Mary and Patti as the reserves reviving any of the routines to Blondie numbers.

As to costume, the sparkly coloured bra tops and pants as worn when Legs danced to Chic's Dance Dance Dance on Dec 8 1977 (Yowsah, Yowsah as the sound track says!) are a favourite but perhaps a Blondie song requires something a bit sharper like the red tops and black stocking as worn on May 10 1979 when they danced to Amii Stewart's Knock on Wood, but minus the sun-glasses next time please.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

  Ok after 6 of your lists. I have the latest score. Scores based on the girl you choose for your number one getting 7 points and your 2nd reserve getting one point. You get the idea .

  Patti Hammond 29 points.
  Gill Clark           29 points.
  Sue Menhenick  25 points. (not happy)
  Lulu cartwright  21 points.
  Mary Corpe        19 points.

  Cherry gillespie  14 points.
  Louise Clarke     10 points

  Patti and Gill have the same points but Patti had 2 first place scores. The only member of Legs and Co to not score a point was Pauline. Rosie only got 4.
  If there any other entries i will adjust the scoreboard accordingly.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

PattiForPM
I think Young Mister Grace deserves the casting vote here - any comments oh moderator extraordinaire??  (sorry Ryan I know it's your thread but it's hard for me to leave Patti in only EQUAL first

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

  You shoud know by now Pattiforpm, that Young Mister Grace is the master of impartiality. May`be i could have the casting vote. I cant split them though. Why dont we just promote Sue and make Patti and Gill joint vice captains. Does that sound fair to you ? No i thought not !

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Patti'sdaughter
It's ok PattiforPM,  It doesn't matter that my Mum and Gill have to share the TOP SPOT.  At least they got more points than Sue and the others.  No offense Ryan and Suefan.  Can't believe nobody picked Pauline to be in their super dance troupe.  amy x
amy x

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Kace
my fantastic dance troupe would be.

1st  aunt patti team leader (because she is a fabtastic dancer)
2nd my mum
3rd  louise
4th  pauline
5th  gill

1st and 2nd reserves would be cherry and mary.

sorry ryan but sue didnt get past the first set of auditions.
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Kace
would you consider changing the thread to say PATTI HAMMOND THE BEST DANCER EVER. if i move sue up my list? kace x
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

  Certainly not. I will not be bought, any way the title of that thread is quite sufficient. I think we are going to have some fun battles ahead.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

   After your vote kacey, this is the updated scoreboard, and i`m not that impressed by it.

 1st--Patti--36 points
  2nd--Gill--32 points
  3rd--Lulu--27 points-- up one place !!!!!!
  4th --Sue-- 25 points--DOWN one place !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get revenge for this, and it will be sweet.
  5th--Mary--20 points

  1st res--Cherry 16 points
  2nd res--Louise 15 points.

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

Kace
well at least your honest and protecting your sue. but i think we can change your mind. kace x
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: A FUN TOPIC FOR YOU !

PattiForPM
Wow Kacey, you're some kind of mover and shaker;it took me ages to get Ryan to boost Patti's status and you've got the poor guy under siege after only  24hrs!!  Ever think about a career in politics?  Ryan you've been a worthy adversary in the past but I'm starting to feel sorry for you buddy  Anyway I feel I must express my support for Kacey's idea about the Thread title now......