A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Suefan
Now that certain kind and generous individuals have posted "Fanfare for the Common Man", thus saving this common man from a date with the fishes, I'm celebrating with this thread.  Perhaps a little unseasonable but as I've often had turkey in the eighties it works for me.

If you could devise your own Yuletide collection of dances for a fantasy Christmas show, choosing only from amongst those routines Legs performed at Xmas between 1976 and 1980, which would yours be and why that particular bill?  In keeping with the real thing you can choose three dances for a single show, or four, if to be split between two fantasy Xmas broadcasts.  The options are:

Dancing Queen
Jungle Rock
Let Em In
December '63 -Oh What a Night
Fanfare for the Common Man
Sir Duke (reindeer)
Silver Lady
I Feel Love
Summer nights
Three Times a Lady
Annie's Song
Ring My Bell
Bang Bang
Tragedy
I Will Survive
YMCA
Woman in Love
Funkytown

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Dave
Mmmm, tricky one..they are all great songs and routines. My lovely partner and I got married just before Christmas years ago so she has picked the first fantasy show..
1 Woman in love....Streissand. She liked the costumes and the moody feel to the set and we both agree that Sues opening solo bit kicks the routine off to a great start !
2 I will survive...G.Gaynor...She always says that Christmas is a stressful time with families and so on,but she would feel she could cope and get everything done faster if she was on skates like Patti ! And she would look a lot less frazzled and a lot more glam if she had one of those sexy green dresses !Her catchphrase would be..I will survive !
    Show Two....
1 Annies song....obvious reasons really ! Sue could definitely be the special Christmas Fairy dancing her magic. My other half made a dress for herself almost the same for  a special occassion as she thouhgt it very flattering. (She is a bespoke tailoress and dressmaker by profession )
2 Silver Lady ...(the one in dresses not the silver trousers....sadly I think there is one girl missing ) it s a great routine and reminds us of a friends hysterical Christmas party one year
 And finally...I know Im not supposed to...but after your comment about having turkey in the 80s....also it wasnt a Christmas number,but I would love to add Lets Go Round Again and dream that the girls were having a Christmas barbeque on one of your idylic beaches and we were all invited.....a leg anyone ? Thanks, Lets Go Round Again with the cranberry sauce please !  Dave.

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Suefan
A little naughty Dave but I know where you're coming from.  We of the Susanista can't go long before we get that craving to circulate.  Plus a man who knows when and how to delegate - compliment your good lady on her fine choices.
However, I'm afraid I will have to be strict with you over the Silver Lady and overrule your desire for the four girls in beaded dresses in favour of the Christmas show sextet.  Besides, having to dance around in sub-zero temperatures in addition to all that Indiana rain the girls are going to be in need of those trousers!

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Yes this is tough with some great routines having to be left on the shelf.  I'm choosing the two-show 4 routine method to take a little pressure off myself too.

Dec 25 2011:   Tragedy (one of their most creative routines I think - love the rose-passing finish)
                      Sir Duke (those reindeer are just too appealing to leave out and and pull my sleigh anytime)

Dec 26 2011:  Dec 63 (the exposure and easy viewing are perfect post-Turkey relaxation)
                     I Will Survive (those green dresses, the roller skater and, yes, that draped leg make a perfect season ender)

New Year:  Dave squeezed in his perennial fave so I'm inserting "Ai No Corrida" for us all to admire and celebrate

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Dave
Okie dokie Suefan, I will sadly substitute Silver Lady (with one missing) for I feel Love...after all,isnt that what the festive season is supposed to be all about ? Peace,love and harmony ?  Dave

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

suefan you dont half give us some toughies but im going for 3 on xmas day coz the xmas day edition has always been special for me ,im gonna go with mr p though with his choices for 2 of them coz they r my choices too
25/12/11
1,sir duke -stevie wonder -i know floyd takes over most of this routine, but the reindeers the snow and santa its just got that christmas feel about it
25/12/11
2, tragedy - bee gees -simple fact its a brilliant routine always was and always will be
25/12/11
3,i will survive- gloria gaynor - another routine i have always liked and the girls look stunning in the green outfits ,it also reminds me of my first christmas alone after the ex wife had gone off with another bloke and it seemed to be playing everywhere i went and i remember thinking yes gloria youve got something there with those words
and if mr p can squeeze another in for new year so can i

new years special
together we are beutiful -fern kinney -love the song great ballad and love legs routine to this even more

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Dave
Sorry... I have just been corrected....peace, love and goodwill !.....Yes dearest , I have changed it....and yes I know I got it wrong.....   sigh !    Dave.

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Dave
Jez mate.....who is that woman on your avatar ?!?!      Concerned Dave !

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

JEZ
its nessa out of gavin and stacey dave i love that programme

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Dave
What a relief ! You had me worried there !

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

JEZ
but it does remind me of someone though dave ,ryan will know

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Yeah i do know who you mean Jez,tee hee. Hey dude glad your back on top form today, after your slight wobble yesterday. Hope to catch you later for some jollies.

Re: A Fantasy Xmas Bill

Your choices almost mirrored mine Jez so I will go for four routines split over two show.

On the first show I'd want to see "Tragedy" since the more I've watched that the better it seems to get.  For later in the show it would have to be those darling deers.  I know Floyd will be up to his tricks again but I'm going to lace those mince pies!!!!!

For the second show I was thinking of "December 63" but, as Patti has not turned up and I'd like to see all six girls, I'm going to stop on the rooftop so that the girls can "Ring My [Christmas] Bell".  This routine has so far not had much of a mention in these parts and perhaps its just me, but I like it a lot.  For some reason the girls all look extra saucy on top of those chimneys and by Dec 27 I'm sure they'll look even better.  For the fourth performance "I Will Survive" which seems to be a popular choice.  That would also help perk me up after too much food and wine and although I probably couldn't catch up with Patti I think I might manage to make those stairs with a Green Goddess waiting for me on the top landing.
Suefan