A Fragment of Time Returned

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Doc
That just doesn't help at all, other than there's gold.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

PattiforPM
Is this the long lost bootleg video shot from inside the camel on 23/11/1977?

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Mikey
Seems like some sort of green screen effect on the second pic, but still a bit too abstract to fathom, probably a statue of some sort. I do wonder if this is something even known about in any list of possibles we have

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

CoffeeThing
It's very exciting waiting to find out.
This week, I are be mostly old

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Mr Legs, are those black bits the result of your 'tampering' with Microsoft Paint ?

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Doc
He's not talking, but there's been some image doctoring going on there. Some of the black bits in the first may be fake as well.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Doc
A blur filter seems have been applied to the left hand side of the picture probably to hide a clue.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Young Mister Grace
It's either image doctoring, or we're talking about an original performance that used chroma key (or "Colour Separation Overlay" in BBC-speak).
You've all done vey well!

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Doc
I also think someone's been using the rotate image command.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

PansLegs
Sue was right when she said "a fragment" as only an estimated 14% of the performance appears to have survived.

So, if the song title represents the whole routine, we have...

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

VintageVideos
Ok I think I will have a guess at the routine. I will write the name in the same colour as the background so you will only see it if you highlight it with your mouse. This is not to spoil the fun for others. Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me. Explanation: If you count all the letters of the routine, there are 23. 14 % of 23 is roughly 3. The picture shows a Don - these are the 3 letters which begin the name of the routine.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Mikey
Hmm, interesting, I was few weeks south of that.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

By George that's clever thinking Vin!

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

SuPaLu
It's all far too complicated for me.
Let's hope you're right Vin - it would be a shame for all that thought to have been for nothing.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

I think you are right VV, what a find if it is.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Doc
Here's the complete version of the image fragment I put up earlier.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Thank you, Hercule Poirot. I'm convinced you're right. I bow my head to your deductive powers, sir.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

I immediately thought of the Elton routine when I saw the first clue, but this made me unsure of the choice:

13/6/74  Elton John  Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me
Long, halter neck dresses with flowers in hair
B C D R S

No mention of masks or sun gods although I suppose the clues don't have to be from the fragment.

Not sure how often I was allowed to watch the show back then, I think I can remember seeing Leo Sayer - One Man Band on the show, but nothing else rings any bells.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

I have it somewhere in the back of my head that Sue dances a solo spot in that routine. Hopefully thats the 14% thats survived.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

I have it somewhere in the back of my head that Sue dances a solo spot in that routine. Hopefully thats the 14% thats survived.
I think you may be right about the solo.

I'm guessing the 14% suits the clue as the routines were usually shorter than the record so it is extremely unlikely that the actual length is known. The song is 5m 35s long, I'd take 14% of that! (Wikipedia)

To be honest I'd take a picture and proof of what they were dancing to for the missing routines, anything more than that is now a massive bonus.