A Fragment of Time Returned

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

VintageVideos
Sue Menhenick wrote
Finally, I would like to thank those of you who rose to the occasion and fun by participating with myself and PansLegs and although it has been a brief  quiz due to limited material, I hope that those who did join in, will be pleased with the ‘gift’
Thank you Sue & Panslegs. I'm sure all of us wouldn't mind if we could join in a similar quiz sooner or later. It's very generous of you to share with us what you have.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

JEZ
Yes thanks goes to sue and pan'slegs for this excellent news .yes I remember I didn't watch the summer breeze routine in 1974 ,and I remember thinking all those years ago that when I watched the edition where pp danced to don't let the sun go down on me ,there's a new girl in pans people ,and I remember mentioning this memory back on this forum ,not long after YMG had created it .i would never ever have thought 7 years ago that all of those lost routines that have been recovered over these last few years , would have ever turned up.back in 2011 when we first started to discuss them ,I think that as far as I was aware there were around 40 official surviving pp totp routines left in the archives ,and possibly a handful that I was aware of in private hands .what an almighty achievement it's been where pans people missing dances are concerned

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

AC/PD
Looking forward to the unwrapping of the rare treasure of a gift.
The 'shape' of the gift can be identified but it's still wrapped up!
It's particularly pleasing for those who recall the dance from the time, either through watching or participating, getting the chance to see something shown once.
Thanks to Sue and to PansLegs for laying the trail.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Everything'sRosie
Yep, thanks to Sue and PansLegs for the teasers, and well done to Vin for ingeniously working it all out.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

What a puzzle you gave us Sue and PansLegs, it as been good to try and figuring your puzzle out. But by now we know the answer. It will be fantastic to see this routine to a fab song by Elton John, that we thought we would see at all. I bet it was a great surprise to you Sue but a wonderful one when you saw it again? So thanks again Sue and PansLegs for letting us see this routine.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

PansLegs
They say good things come in small packages... well this will be smaller than most when it comes to missing routines. 14% is based on an estimate of around a 3 and a half minute routine on screen as opposed to the full length of the track. However, if one was going to pick a moment to have of this particular performance no doubt this would be it. As Doc has said, finding anything at this stage is a bonus particularly when there appears to be no still shots available.

The surviving footage has been augmented so the video will be longer.

It was an absolute pleasure to reunite Sue with this recording after 43 years.

YMG - look out for an email and instructions soon.

Meanwhile, here are two screen grabs for your delectation.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

PattiforPM
Wow super-elegant dress

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Everything'sRosie
Love the colour. This is going to be 30 seconds to savour, I can tell.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

LuluforPartyWhip wrote
Wow super-elegant dress
Elegant dress for an elegant dancer.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Well if the glorious screengrab of Sue is anything to go by, the surviving 30 seconds or so of the routine will be a splendid Christmas present and i cant wait to see it. Can i also add my thanks to both Panslegs & Sue for sharing this with us and even heartier thanks that they have bestowed this long lost `fragment of time` onto the platform that is OFTDs.

Also well done to Sherlock Vin for solving the cryptic clues set by PL. I always knew that this particular routine was very high on Sue's wish list, but i never imaged it would see the light of day again, so i didn't bother putting this suggestion forward from the very off. Then again, if i was trying to decipher the clues id still be scratching my head now.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

There's quality left , right and centre in that second picture.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Video clip has been received.

Thanks again to Panslegs and to Sue.

Look out for the clip on the blog on Christmas Day, folks.
You've all done vey well!

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Its going to be good Christmas day for me. We are going to have three Doctors. And the Cherry on the cake the beautiful Sue,what a day.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

CoffeeThing
Thank you to PL and Sue. I was no help in the quiz but it was great fun. Looking forward to the big reveal. That is a superb shot in the dress. Stunning.
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

JEZ
I can't believe that it was 43 years ago now ,when I sat in front of the TV and last saw this routine ,so even though there's only a small part of the dance left ,there's something very nostalgic for me to think that I can remember it being on totp ,but where have all those years gone from those wonderful carefree days ,when I last viewed the dance .also I would have seen sue 43 years ago in black and white ,I wouldn't have known if her dress was blue ,green or red

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

As JEZ said it will be the first time, some of us would have seen it in colour. Because I remember we got our first Colour television in 1974. Before that my Dad use to rent our television sets.

That brings back memories. My grandparents got colour in around 1876, a while before we did , but when we finally rented a colour set a couple of years later, the Co-op had a promotion in which they gave (to keep) a small black and white telly as part of the deal. Ironically, because it was the first time we had two sets in the house, I revelled in being able to watch what I wanted and often ended up watching in black and white just as before!
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

mojo2007
1876 ? I can say to the day the first colour TV I saw. 17 April 1970. A neighbour asked us  in to see Apollo 13 splash down. I was impressed how accurate the colour was , knowing the Pacific from my days at sea. Also saw some World Cup football at friends that year and think we  got first set 1971. Not sure when  TOTP went colour but it transformed the dancing.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Doc
1970 for TOTP.
My first real memories of colour TV were when my parents went out and left me with my Aunt and Uncle, they had this music programme on where the performers kept changing colour going, green, red, pink. That special effect was very 1970s TOTP.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned