A Fragment of Time Returned

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

VintageVideos
Thanks from me too, I just watched it, and it's great to look at. Very emotional, very touching, just how I like it! A terrific christmas present indeed.
It is also encouraging to learn that there is still the occasional find of a wiped routine.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Sue Menhenick

 So on behalf of Panslegs and myself ......

                         ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพโ„๏ธโ˜ƒ๏ธ๐Ÿค—โ˜ƒ๏ธโ„๏ธ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
      Hereโ€™s to a very Happy Xmas to everyone at OFTDs .....  with best wishes for the seasonal break and to how each of you celebrate it , with friends, family and those who are special to you .......  and as ever , I wish everyone  ALL good things for 2018 !

As Panslegs has correctly pointed out ..... of all the moments that have survived, how lucky that although itโ€™s only a fragment,  a small part of my first ever Pans People solo has been recovered and saved bringing back memories of that special day for me.
Bitter sweet, some may say as itโ€™s only a partial piece of the routine and not the whole thing ..... but again, I am lucky that itโ€™s part of the solo that survived ...... it could have been the chorus bit !

Thank you again Pans Legs for your kindness and a very Happy Xmas to you ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‰

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

It was the first Christmas present that I went to after waking up this morning. It's so good to see such a significant moment in the Pan's People history. Thanks to Panslegs, who not for the first time, has been involved in allowing us to see rare footage, it's certainly appreciated. My wish for 2018 is that this is not the last of the footage to resurface, I'm certain that there is still a little more out there.
For someone that was so nervous, it just doesn't show. It would be interesting to know why Flick threw you in at the deep end so soon after starting? I suspect she already knew what a talented young lady she had on her hands.
Have a lovely Christmas Sue.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Angie
Wow! What a Christmas treat! Absolutely thrilled to see a snippet of this routine........and wonderfully presented/edited together!
Thank you PansLegs & Sue!

Merry Christmas to all.

Angie. x

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

PansLegs
Thank you Sue and thanks to the OFTDs gang. Happy Christmas !

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

That's marvelous. What a wonderful find.
I've watched it many times already. It is truly a sublime performance considering this is Sue's first solo outing.
Absolutely awesome and many thanks to Sue and Pans Legs for giving us this treat at Christmas time.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Merry Christmas, Sue.

We now have your first and last solos as a TotPs dancer. That's brilliant...and, of course, (nearly) all that came in between. This is a terrific find in the annals of lost television recoveries. And thank you once again in sharing it with us. Have a wonderful day, and naturally I extend that to everyone else who visits this fun and very civilised site.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

AC/PD
Wonderful gift!
There's no need now for frankincense and myrrh.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

As I sat watching this wonderful first solo. By this young beautiful looking Sue in the red dress, just stunning. You don't look nervous at all Sue. And now we must thank Sue and PanLegs for making this wonderful routine available for our forum. And I hope Sue and PansLegs and your families have a happy Christmas.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

I'm late to the table again and we follow the German Xmas Eve present-sharing tradition but how lovely to wake up to such a precious gift.  Thanks from me too to Sue and PansLegs for their collaboration and perfect plan

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

It's beautiful, a lost jewel placed in a new brooch that calls to be admired and admired again.

Thanks so much Sue and PL.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

PansLegs wrote
The surviving footage has been augmented so the video will be longer.
I'm interested which bits are original and which has been added? Is it just the first clip of Sue? The 2nd clip of her is an enlarged copy of the first bit. (It would account for the 30 seconds you said survived).
I'm guessing that the solo was shot separately and was later edited into the routine.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

PansLegs
Doc wrote
I'm interested which bits are original and which has been added? Is it just the first clip of Sue? The 2nd clip of her is an enlarged copy of the first bit. (It would account for the 30 seconds you said survived).
I'm guessing that the solo was shot separately and was later edited into the routine.
Apart from the text of course, it's all original up until the freeze point.

I doubt the solo was shot separately, I expect the others were waiting in the wings so to speak and presumably either came into shot from the sides or they changed to another camera to show them.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Doc
PansLegs wrote
Apart from the text of course, it's all original up until the freeze point.
By freeze point I assume you mean when Elton sings 'fade to black and white'.

I'm listening to the football and a woman has just said 'don't let the sun go down' whilst I was looking at this.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Thanks Sue and PansLegs for this beautiful clip.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

mojo2007 wrote
1876 ?
Oops, a century out! 1976

I wasn't able to get on yesterday so have only just seen the clip. What a beautiful solo, danced gracefully as ever   Thank you so much PansLegs and Sue. I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas  A happy new year Sue and everyone. May it bring only good things.
This week, I are be mostly eating fish

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Old Grey Whistler
I would just like to give my belated thanks to Sue  & Panslegs for this clip. It gives renewed hope that there may be more hidden gems out there.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

JEZ
Yes a very big thank you to sue and pan'slegs from myself .even though I've watched the fragment from the routine ,the only real memory of the dance was when the girls danced the chorus bit ,and I still seem to remember in my memory the ladies going down to the ground on their knees.it was a lovely treat to see even this small clip of sues solo.

Re: A Fragment of Time Returned

Suefan
My thanks also to both Sue and PansLegs for gifting us this delightful morsel of poised magenta!